cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rounding Differences in Billing Request Documents (BRDs)

RahulGoyal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi:

Here is the scenario:

We are a professional services company. sales orders has WBS assignment for expense and time booking. Then we run DP91/DP96 to generate the BRD's.

Our issue is:

Lets say its a foreign currency contract (Sales order in AUD), local company code currency is USD and so is WBS currency.

Employee enters expenses on WBS in AUD currency which are transferred to WBS in USD (As local currency of employee). BRD process again converts the expenses from USD to AUD. Thats where the rounding differences are coming up.

For example:

WBS - (in USD)

Sales Order / Billing - (in AUD)

Employee company code currency / Same as WBS company code - USD

Expenses - 1000 AUD

Exchange rate from AUD to USD is 1.66961

So expenses are posted as 598.94 USD (1000/1.66961)

DP91 picks the WBS expenses (USD) and converts into billing currency (AUD) - 598.94 * 1.66961 = 999.99 AUD

So 1000 AUD expenses showed in billing as 999.99 AUD.

Though the difference is not material but some of our goverment clients are very particular about this. They dont accept 999.99 invoice backed by 1000 expense.

Please advise, is there any standard way to change BRD process to say if expense currency (which is AUD in this example) is same as billing currency, dont convert via USD (Which is employee local currency) OR any enhancement of DP91?

Thanks,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check Note 80183 - Rounding and related notes. Usually Note 166952 - Rounding when distributing header conditions happens too.

Regards,

Eduardo

RahulGoyal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi:

When I said rounding, i didn't mean the business or commercial rounding like round up / round down.

Our difference is due to exchange rate conversion and it could need rounding up or down to match the expense number. In my example, 1000 AUD became 999.99 AUD in billing but it could become 1000.03 also (depending on the amount and exchange rate). Currently our condition types are commercial rounding.

I guess I am looking for some enhancement on DP91/DP96 process to look the expense currency/billing currency and calculate the billing amount accordingly.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Rahul

Edited by: Rahul Goyal on Jun 30, 2010 10:20 PM

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check notes 537556 - DP90/DP91/DP80/DP81: Costs, currencies and exchange rates and Note 301117 - Enhanced documentation for dynamic item processor (DIP). The last note has a PDF file with information and documentation about this issue.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

PD: althought it is for older releases, check Note 185225 - Currency transl.for conditions with cat. perhaps it will give some idea.

Edited by: Eduardo Hinojosa on Jul 2, 2010 9:52 AM

RahulGoyal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi:

Thanks for pointing this note.

As mentioned in this note, our system is behaving the same way and converting the CO cost in transaction currency into billing currency. In CO (WBS line item report), transaction currency is the employee local currency when expenses are booked to that WBS.

System is behaving as per standard design.

I wanted to know if there is any enhancement we can write on top on this note to not look at transaction currency. The enhancement would look at the expense receipt currency and compare it with the billing currency. If both are same (regardless of transaction currency), dont convert via transaction currency.

May be for that matter I should check if there any way to transfer receipt currency as transaction currency in CO (instead of local company code currency as transaction currency)?

Just wondering how SAP internally or any other consulting companies are handling this conversion difference when billing to their clients?

Thanks.

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we were having the simlar issue but we wanted to transfer the amount from CATS. we have read the cats value in user exit EXIT_SAPLV46H_001 and this amount can be transferred in the line item in the debit memo request which is created for this line item.

we can use parameter C_VBAPKOM  which has fields KSCHLX, KBETRX, KWAERX, KPEINX,

KMEINX (where X goes from 1 to 4) for adding conditions to the sales document items.

This can be directly read from the source and put directly in the target document and this can be resolved

Let me know if this resolve your query

Thanks & Regards

Virandra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

claudia_neudeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> close the thread, because there was no reaction the last 3 months