cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downloading a file from SAP (tcode FDTA) onto the disk drive of the server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using the transaction FDTA to download a file to the server. This server is the same one on which the SAP system is hosted the download we have to specify the destination path as
server1\folder1\filename.txt.

The file is downloaded successfully every time.But we need to know which userID was used by SAP to download the file. For this we have switched on the Windows feature of Auditing. This gives us the username which has created the file on the drive.

Here it gets complicated, as each time we see a different username. Sometimes it is the user using which we logged on to the windows OS (terminal server from where we fire the sap logon pad) and other times it shows the user as sidadm.

We need to know how this file transfer process takes place or if there is someway we can ensure that only one userID is always associated with the file download.

Regards,

Rohan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the server process is writing the file, then the user on a default SAP installation will be "SAPService<SID>".

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you Markus and BAIGSA. But the user that i see associated with the file (we get this information via Windows auditing) is the user which is used to login to the terminal server.

Now to explain in detail we first login to the terminal server with domain user ID (userA for e.g.). From there we are able to access the SAP R/3 as well as the OS of the SAP systems. So after I login to this terminal server I open the SAP logon pad and logon to the SAP system from where I fire the tcode FDTA mentioned above.

It seems the user I used to logon to the terminal server (userA) is associated with the file (as seen in Windows auditing) and not the sidadm or the SAPserviceSID user.

Is this happening only because I am using a terminal server to hop onto the SAP system?

Regards,

Rohan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's straight:

Users hit FDTA, save file and you want to know the owner of the file (SAP user), In this case better look at STAD / STAT / ST03N which user acess this tcode.

Now when it comes to the owner of the file you better log-on to SAP system through SAPGUI & hit FDTA as you told the file saaving location is the server, now log-on to the server & check the who's the real owner.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A terminal session can also provide information on logged user, well I think sidadm user will come in picture when executing tcodes which calls functions at OS level sort of remote user.

Regards;