cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BEx query's Conditions and Exceptions on BO Universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are planning to create Conditions and Exception on SAP BEx Query. And provide this query to BO team for their development

Could anyone tell me in what form will these BEx objects be visible in BO-Universe ....as detail objects...or query filters and a.s.o?

Will they be Invisible? If invisible will they be atleast applied to BO-Universe.

For e,g: I know that, BEx Query filter will be applied to the underlying query but are not visible in OLAP universe.

- Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I recommend using APD in BI to generate your conditions rather than doing the processing in WEBI as performance will be better. Store APD results in a direct update DSO, build BEx query on this and use this as the connection object for your universe.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for clarifying

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Conditions and Excpetions are not supported by OLAP BAPI tehrefore they are not generated in universes or consumed at query level.

You have to create conditions on measures in universes (except top end bottom exceptions that are not supported).

Exceptions need to be done at cliient level (Webi, XCelsius, etc).

I BOE CI 4.0 conditions will be supporte by the Semantic Layer direct acces with BICS but exceptions will continue to be created at client level.

Didier