cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC CC - Password Encryption question

Former Member
0 Kudos

XI Experts,

We are using JDBC CC to make call to Microsoft SQL database.

Does XI-JDBC cc encrypt the password when calling the database or we need put addional parameter in the Advance tab? If yes, what are those?

Or we need do some other settings in XI-JDBC CC to make password encrypted?

Thank you.

MP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why do you want passwords encrypted?

XI never shows this password in payload, it just uses it for communication.

While you type password in communication channel at that time also * comes as a character.

So there is no way someone can get that password.

Thanks,

Hetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Hetal

While you type password in communication channel at that time also * comes as a character.

Your explanation is so funny ... Do you really think that "*" is transmitted when PI tries to access a DB or a web service??

So there is no way someone can get that password.

Of course there are ways to get the passwords. After all, whatever you configure in PI, it gets stored in a DB and when it tries to communicate to outside world, it does transmits user id / passwords, and there are plenty of chances for it to be stolen.

But I am impressed by your explanation ... lol.

-- Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your explanation is so funny ... Do you really think that "*" is transmitted when PI tries to access a DB or a web service??

Thanks for sarcastic comments... i know that it wont get transmitted like *, i just meant to say that it wont be visible to other devleopers.

Passwords get stored in DB, but it is in encrypted format. So i dont think u will be able to get those password.

And it will be appriciated by all if you will answer the question if you know rather then making sarcastic comments on others.

Thanks,

Hetal

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Hetal,

i know that it wont get transmitted like *, i just meant to say that it wont be visible to other devleopers.

So, that's your idea of "security" around the password? Is your Client's financial data have risk against your "other developers from the team" ? C'mon, be realistic ... when we talk about security and risk, it can be from anyone, some one you know, someone you might not know ... the transmission is over the web and there are scores of people sitting around to hack a Company's network.

Passwords get stored in DB, but it is in encrypted format. So i dont think u will be able to get those password.

Passwords stored in DB are not in encrypted format. Please get your ideas straight.

Former Member
0 Kudos

MP,

Does XI-JDBC cc encrypt the password when calling the database or we need put addional parameter in the Advance tab?

SAP never transmits passwords clear text.

Regards,

Neetesh