cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in CUP with SP12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone

Last weekend we installed SP12 and now CUP won't let uscreate any new request because we keep getting the next message:

Correct the following errors:

Enter a valid value for "Manager"

We reviewed all the information and the configuration and everything looks the same as before, when it was working well. We noticed that if we leave the manager name and last name fields as optional, then we can create the request. However, we need those fields to be mandatory.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advanced!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paola,

The manager information should be mandatory. Is the manager information auto-populating or are you filling it up manually? If manually, check if there are any unwanted spaces and all.

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are filling it manualy and we have tried with diferent names and letters to see if that was the problem, but it is not.

When the field is optional then we can create the request, with the same information as befone.

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paola,

I would suggest you raise a message with GRC Support under the component GRC-SAC-SAE. Also, you can carry out one more test. Keep the Manager field as optional but while creating request, do fill it and then check how it goes.

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paola,

In Configuration --> Request Form Customization, what are your options set for:

1. Manager E-mail

2. Manager Information Lookup

3. Manager Name

4. Manager Telephone

?

Also, in your connector settings (Configuration --> Connectors), do you "HR Manager Path" enabled?

At my current customer we are not having any issues with Manager information which is mandatory on the form, but neither do we have the "HR Manager Path" enabled either. We are running SP12 also.

-Dylan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dylan,

The configuration is like this:

- Manager email: yes oblig. yes edit. yes visib.

- Manager Information Lookup: no oblig. no edit. no visib.

- Manager Name: no oblig. yes edit. yes visib.

- Manager telephone: yes oblig. yes edit. yes visib.

We had to leave the manager name optional for now. It's the only way that the system lets us place a new request.

The field HR Manager Path is empty, there is no value assigned.

We already placed a note to SAP, but they said that this is not happening to them...

What can we do?

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paola,

Have you uploaded the initial data xml files which comes with every SP? These files are required for CUP to perform correctly. It would not be a bad idea to reimport these files even if you have done so and then bounce the Java stack.

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paola,

If Manager Name is obligatory, then you also need to have Manager Info Lookup as visible. GRC wants to validate the name is correct based on your user source defined in Configuration --> User Data Source.

Ironically, after you select a name from the Manager Info Lookup, you can change the details to anything you want and can still proceed.

If Manager Name is not obligatory, then GRC doesn't care what values you put in there...

Are you letting the user choose the manager, or do you have the user data source mapped to automatically populate manager? We allow the user to select a manager only if the manager info is missing in the data source. (edit = Yes, if data missing). This only works if you are using the simple user interface (index.jsp) versus the admin page (index_apr.jsp).

Thanks!

-Dylan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

Yes, we uploaded the initial XML files and that solved some of the other problems we had.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dylan!

We had a system crash, so I have not been able to test your solution. However, it sounds logical. I have a question: we do not have that option on because we do not have a place to look for the information automatically. Can I leave that option on, but insert the information manually?

Thanks a million!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paola,

For it to work, you need at least one connected data source for user lookup. If you don't have a network LDAP/IDM (e.g. SunONE, MS AD), then you can at the very least connect it to the existing SAP User Management Engine (UME).

Configuration --> User Data Source --> then choose "SAP UME." The UME is the default user directory for GRC. Unless you are connected to an LDAP/IDM, your GRC user id/password are stored in the UME.

You can check with your Basis team if unsure.

-Dylan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dylan,

Thanks for all your help. Your answer did solve the problem! Nevertheless, it is not such a good solution, because I have to select someone that has nothing to do with the request and then change all the information. I think I will report this to SAP.

Again, thank you for all your help.

Paola Ortiz

Answers (0)