Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc number in email

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have solman 7.1 with oracle DB on HP-UX.

i have configured the CCMS alerts for IDOC interface errors and assigned auto reactions for that.

In the methods parameter SUBJECT_ALERT_CONT i have given $NODENAME.

My problem is that i dont get the idoc no. which produced the error.

So pls help me configure this so that i can get emails with the IDOC numbers!

Thanks

Nanda

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

using the old CCMS monitor for IDoc monitoring is not the best decision. You should have a look into this SDN blog /people/johannes.fleig/blog/2008/05/25/new-business-process-monitoring-functionalities-in-sap-solution-manager-150-ale-idoc-monitoring where Johannes Fleig explains how you can configure a far more flexible IDoc monitoring with the help of Business Process Monitoring. As part of BPMon you can also do a forward navigation into the erroneous IDocs and possibly reprocess it.

More detailed info can be found under http://service.sap.com/bpm > Media Library > Technical Information > Setup Guide for Interface Monitoring.pdf

Best Regards

Volker

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

We dont have any BPM in our scenario, so can you suggest anyother solution?

0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

of course I am aware that you do not have a BPM scenario yet. But I can only highly recommend to use it. You have SolMan 7.0 and you have a problem that is solved by BPMon as standard functionality. Setting up the BPMon scenario is less or equal effort than doing the CCMS setup. But the capabilities in BPMon are far more powerful and better suit your needs.

All you need to do is create one dummy business process with at least one dummy process step (you can call the step IDoc monitoring). And then you are good to go for IDoc monitoring configuration as explained in the Setup documents.

If you are starting from scratch aynway it would be nonsense to start with CCMS monitoring in this area when other customers (after using IDoc or qRFC monitoirng via CCMS for years) are moving to BPMon for this purpose as CCMS monitoring is insufficient for IDoc monitoring.

Best Regards

Volker