Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

my file format is- header, 1, row,*

emp Id time comments -

1 40 test

2 30 test1

3 50 test2

what value should I give here for the keyfieldvalue and how the file can be polled.

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

As stefan told you dont have a keyfield in your test data. A key field is nothing but a field which uniquely identifies a entire segement. If you have a key field then your test data will look like this:

emp Id time comments -

D 1 40 test

D 2 30 test1

D 3 50 test2

In the above test data D is a key field and it is just an example. So D identifies as a detail column.

So as stefan told if you use document offset = 1 then your first line will not consider and then the rest will be counted which will be taken care by row,*. Hope this makes some sense. You can see the help for some more explanation on this parameters:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/2c/181077dd7d6b4ea6a8029b20bf7e55/content.htm

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

thanks for your reply..

here I have to poll

emp id time comments as header

and values as row..

if i make xml.documentoffset = 1

then its polling nothing.

pls advise.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> if i make xml.documentoffset = 1

Who told you to use that string?

Isn't there an input field named "Document Offset" in your channel?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Try to have the source structure like mentioned in this weblog and use the parameters as mentioned.

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/03/introduction-to-simple-file-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart2

Else you need to tell us the source structure and the parameters you have given in your communication channel any any error in source communication channel so that somebody can help you out here.

Also as stefan told under your content conversion parameters you have Document Offset parameter already given. Just put the value as 1.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear steve,

I dont see any input filed offset in my comm channel

could you please advise where i can see that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I m using customized file adapter so not having document offset input field over there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

So you can use header, 1, row,999999

So here I am assuming you will not have more than 999999 rows in your file. If you think you will have more than that then you can put one more 9 to it and get rid of the keyfield issue.

Cheers,

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

The issue is resolved.

Satish U rocked man,,,

Thanks a lot for your inputs..

but tell me one more thing ,,how the following is making diffrence

Before - Header, 1, Row, *

Now - Header, 1, Row, 9999999

Please give me ur personal id as well, if you dont mind.:)

Thanks All.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

If you put * then you need to have keyfield. If you put a number then it is expecting that many number of lines for conversion. In your case it is worked. But if you have three structures then it is not going to work with a number. Then you need to give * and also you must a keyfield for identifying all the structures.

Hope this makes sense

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arya,

When you have the same field names in the header level as well as item (row) level then to identify the field uniquely we use the key.

At this time i don't think you require to use this field, if header and item any of the fields names are same then you have to use.

If the field names are different (header and row) then you can leave that field.

Regards

Ramesh

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> When you have the same field names in the header level as well as item (row) level then to identify the field uniquely we use the key.

>

> At this time i don't think you require to use this field, if header and item any of the fields names are same then you have to use.

> If the field names are different (header and row) then you can leave that field.

This explanation is wrong also.

FCC seems not to be easy

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> my file format is- header, 1, row,*

it should be:

row,*

only

document offset = 1

> what value should I give here for the keyfieldvalue and how the file can be polled.

leave it empty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/frameset.htm

/people/jeyakumar.muthu2/blog/2005/11/29/file-content-conversion-for-unequal-number-of-columns

/people/karthiknarayan.kesavan2/blog/2007/08/22/file-content-conversion-for-multi-hierarchical-structure

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/01/06/how-to-process-csv-data-with-xi-file-adapter

/people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/06/08/how-to-send-a-flat-file-with-various-field-lengths-and-variable-substructures-to-xi-30

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/02/27/content-conversion-the-key-field-problem

/people/sukumar.natarajan/blog/2007/06/12/content-conversion-in-sender-file-adapter--2-new-useful-parameters

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/02/file-receiver-with-content-conversion

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/04/03/xi-in-the-role-of-a-ftp

Abid!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

lets try with this ;

header.keyFieldvalue: 1

row.keyFieldvalue: 2

row.keyFieldvalue: 3

Regards,

Abid