cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical memory

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

We have installed two SID in virtual server. The Physical Memory is of 16 gb. Till last week is was working fine.. But this week the free physical memory is just 200 mb earlier is was around 1.2 gb free. How can we go ahead.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I agree with Markus, no problem until you not see swapping,paging and users do not complain.

I see same situation on half of our HP-UX servers, and all work's fine.

Regards.

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I executed the command its showing dbc_max_pct 5 5 Immed. I think its showing in Percentage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked my system in glance its showing file cache as NA

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I checked my system in glance its showing file cache as NA

Glance queries (IMHO) CacheFS which is something different.

Try

kctune dbc_max_pct

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please restart your system, then system memory will be free. Please avoid restart if your system is production, kill the session which is taking more memory and try to ask the user to update latest SAP GUI patch into their system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running on HP-UX 11.23 and oracle 10.2.0.2.0 and SAP PI system

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Next step.

Check how much physical mem is assign to abap stack and how much is a heap memory set to Java stack.

Thanks

Anil

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is normal that all available memory is consumed. The system will allocate that memory for fileystem caches.

Markus

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we know the Wcich Os your are using to run on server ??

Which SAP compoenent is running on server ??

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently there are no active users. and all the workprocess are in waiting status. Till last week everything was fine but this week. But today the free memory in ST06 came down to around 78mb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ketu

The work processes can evetually consume large amount of memory. You can set a dynamic parameter (doesn't require a restart) that will restart all the SAP work processes after a specified period of time without impacting active users.

Go to transaction RZ11 and enter the parameter rdisp/wp_auto_restart. The default is 0, set this to 24H and they will be restarted every 24 hours. If the current value is 0, the work processes will be restarted.

If this doesn't resolve your issue, check the amount of extended memory allocated using ST02. If this is quite large you will need to restart the SAP instance to reclaim the memory.

Regards

Doug

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kishore,

How many concurrent user connection on average and what kind of actions (tcode) they did before?

How about the workload of your server except SAP services?

I think if the available memory space is just 1.2GB once after the startup of your instances, it maybe some kind of less, you can try to reduce the number of dialog processes and then restart the server. or just add some more ABAP dialog instances.

I think it is not abnormal that the physical memory cost 1 GB after the startup of the server and runs for one week, later, it will be on a normal stage because user's actions do not changed too much. that is to say, the memory cost will not increase rapidly later.

Thanks and best regards,

Nick