cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to provide a Log-Off button in webdynpro application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a requirement where I have to add a logoff button in wendynpro application,

and after logging off I have to redirect the user to another link.

Kindly suggest.

Warm Regards

Upendra Agrawal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use this code.

WDClientUser.forceLogoffClientUser(String url);

Check this for further reference.

<a href=http://help.sap.com/javadocs/NW04S/current/wd/com/sap/tc/webdynpro/services/sal/um/api/WDClientUser.html#forceLogoffClientUser(java.lang.String)> Force Log off </a>

In case of problems do revert back.

Best Wishes

Idhaya R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Idhaya R,

I am using this application on portal, and i want the user to navigate to my page after log-off.

I tried to use you code, its not working.

Kindly Suggest.

Warm Regards

Upendra Agrawal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using Webdynpro Java application?

Can you paste the code over here.

Did you use http:// before your url?

What is the problem you are facing can you elobarate?

Try using this way..

Alternate way:

Create an url iview for your url and then use portal navigation to go to that page.

Best Wishes

Idhaya R

Edited by: IdhayaR on Jun 30, 2010 11:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having the same issue. My application is returning a null pointer exception when trying to log off the user, as per below.

It appears that the user does actually gets logged off by the framework, but the page redirect does not work.

I have a WD app running in the portal (user is logged in) and I would like the user to be logged off and pointed to another page after clicking a link on a webdynpro app.

Please help

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.sap.portal.pb.PageBuilder.updatePortalHooks(PageBuilder.java:932)

at com.sap.portal.pb.PageBuilder.SendDataAndProcessAction(PageBuilder.java:328)

at com.sap.portal.pb.PageBuilder$1.doPhase(PageBuilder.java:869)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.processPhaseListener(WindowPhaseModel.java:755)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.doPortalDispatch(WindowPhaseModel.java:717)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WindowPhaseModel.processRequest(WindowPhaseModel.java:136)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.window.WebDynproWindow.processRequest(WebDynproWindow.java:335)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.cal.AbstractClient.executeTasks(AbstractClient.java:143)

former_member185879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

I am also facing the same issue. Did you got any solution for the same?

WDClienUser.forcedLogoffClientUser("irj/portal?logout_submit=true");

it is giving me the same error what you have pasted. Can anyone give some suggestion regarding the same.

Note:- Same Scenario as like Alex, it is working when it is a Standalone App, but when i embed in portal it is giving me this error? Do i need to update any patches or any jar's for the same.

Regards

Nizamudeen SM

pradyut_sarma
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Maybe you could implement the same via an exit plug. Check the forum thread link for more details.

Thanks and Regards,

Pradyut.