cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Error Page in WD4A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Our custom Web dynpro ABAP component is called from Portal application. Due to session time out / network error, component is going for dump.

This dump message is too descriptive for end user to understand. Instead of the standard error message, we would like to display custom error page.

Please suggest, how to overcome this problem.

Regards,

Ramki.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ramakrishan,

If you application goes dump you ICF handle the error and throw the standard dump error ,

you can throw your own customized error page insted of standard .

Pls check out the link below for step by step procedure to creat custom errow page .

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/af/0489ce55002f44a8c927371bedf719/frameset.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm40/helpdata/en/af/0489ce55002f44a8c927371bedf719/frameset.htm]

Regards

chinnaiya P

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

TusharShinde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the below link, it might help you at some level for your concerns expressed.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/5e/05a5421935c511e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Thank You.

Best Regards

Tushar Shinde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

I tried the same solution and have written java script with html to keep a condition which should display different message based on ICF Error CODE.

In my WDA I have written a code which gives dump when called.

If I call the code in WDINIT() method ... I get dump on page load and system displays the desired message.

If I call the code at button click, system skips the java script and shows rest of the html page.

Regards,

Praveen

TusharShinde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If possible just provide your code what you are writing in button_click( )  action. also please check below link whether you have ensured all steps mentioned here

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/f9/4b8e3a89210f25e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

Tushar Shinde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already tried this link...even tried the redirect to url method also....in that case...system shows blank page when dump occurs on event . otherwise if it occurs on page load...it works fine and redirect to defined url.

• Below is d code i have written in a method in Component Controller :

DATA lo_nd_testnode TYPE REF TO if_wd_context_node.

DATA lo_el_testnode TYPE REF TO if_wd_context_element.
DATA ls_testnode TYPE wd_this->element_testnode.
DATA lv_testattribute TYPE wd_this->element_testnode-testattribute.

*     navigate from <CONTEXT> to <TESTNODE> via lead selection
lo_nd_testnode = wd_context->get_child_node( name = wd_this->wdctx_testnode ).

*     get element via lead selection
lo_el_testnode = lo_nd_testnode->get_element( ).

*     @TODO handle not set lead selection
IF lo_el_testnode IS INITIAL.
ENDIF.

*     set single attribute
lo_el_testnode->set_attribute(
name =  `TSTATTRIBUTE`
value = lv_testattribute )

• I am calling this method in WDINIT of the view:

WD_COMP_CONTROLLER->onload( ).

• I have called the same method onload() at button click event also.

Regards,

Praveen

TusharShinde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try setting some value into attribute lv_testattribute before setting the attribute to Context.

for e.g.:-

* Set some value to attribute

lv_testattribute = <anyvalue>

*     set single attribute
lo_el_testnode->set_attribute(
name =  `TSTATTRIBUTE`
value = lv_testattribute )

Also set a external breakpoint for the user from which your testing and check whether the Node is initialized or not.

Thank You.

Br.

Tushar Shinde

TusharShinde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I will suggest you better start a New Thread (means New Discussion in New SCN Portal), so as to get better answers from community.

-

Tushar Shinde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to display different messages based on error type.

now the issue is when i get any error on application loading ( wdinit() ), it works fine but if the error comes on any event(i.e. button click) system skips the condition and display the part which is outside the if condition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its solved