Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems in Internationalization

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to internationalize an existing application developed using WDJ. I have created the language specific texts and added them as an .xlf file. The problem is that the texts are not changing even after i change the browser language to German.

However, after changing the language from English to German, the portal home page texts are getting converted to German, but my application is not getting affected.

I tried reloading, rebuilding the project. But still no change. But if I create a new project and repeat the process it works. Please let me know if there is any other steps which I have missed out.

Regards,

Poojith MV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Poojith,

MessagePool, View, Window and Simpletype .xlf has been created with <name>_<LN>.xlf.

In browser, see the Language key is the same assigned for .xlf

still have problem, you can try 'Default Locale' as the other language.

cheers,

Nikhil Bose

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the input. But I have given the same name as present in the browser language. I have copied the default xlf file and renamed as <message pool>_de.xlf and similarly for others.

I have also added the application property for Locale and set "en" to load the default language. But changing the browser language only changes the portal home page text but not my application texts!!!!

As explained in the my first thread, If i develop a new application and then do the same steps ift works but not for any of my existing projects......

Please let me know if there is anything i can do to resolve this issue. We can also achieve Internationalization by storing the texts in MessagePool, but this process is very cumbersome and too many texts can lead to confusion.

I am trying to achieve Internationalization using xlf files.

Regards,

Poojith MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poojith,

Can you check the default user language in the portal.

Portal-.user administration-.search for the user and language and change it to req lang

I think it has been set to english,If your running a application in the portal it will pick up th user langaugae from the portal

and diplay the view accordingly.

Regards,

Lavanya.G

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

strange!. Can you try deleting the 'gen_wdp' directory in navigator after that Re-build and Create archive and deploy? Usually Reload and create archive would do the task.

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In case of Layout changes' the <View>_de.xlf files needs to be re-created.

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have currently copied the .xlf and renamed as <view>_<language>.xlf for all the View / view controller / Simple Type files. Since the default xlf file contains all the layout details like container, group, it will be easy for changing.

If i create a new xlf file, i needs to enter all the details again right?

Regards,

Poojith MV

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes. thats right. But this is needed if there is any change in Layouts

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have no change in the layout in my existing application. All i want is to change the text to the language selected in the browser. For that i copied the existing xlf file and renamed with the convention used in browser.

After doing that, I reload, rebuild the project and deployed, But still the text are displayed in English itself.

Regards,

Poojith MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pojith

When we are doing I18N for that Application. Go to Navigator Tab

Here Select Particular Projects--à src-àPackages-àsap-àvijay

To internationalize the Web Dynpro application, copy the automatically generated *.xlf files and save them under a new name in the same directory.

The new name must meet the following convention:

u2022 .xlf

For example, if you are creating *.xlf files for German,

Use the language key de.

Here Click on OK

After that we can edit and translate these new *.xlf files in the S2X Editor.

ApplyTemFirstView.wdview_de.xlf-àClick on Resource Text Tab

Select Particular Text and Change the language to German-àClick on EDIT Button

Here Enter German Lang-àClick on OK

Now Go to Web Dynpro Explorer Tab

Select Project-àRC Click on Rebuild Project

Select Project-àRC Click on Reload

Then Deploye the Application

How to Check in Explorer. It is converting to German Language or not

Open Internet Explorer

Tool-àInternet Options -àClick on Languages Button-àClick on ADD Button

Select German Language--àClick on OK

Now We will Check in Portal

Created Web Dynpro iView in Portal. That iView assign to the particular WorkSet-àAssign to Role

Select that user Can Change Language

Regards

Vijay Kalluri

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya / Vijay,

I have followed all the steps mentioned by you. But still no change in the output. Even after I change the browser language, the Language of the text does not change.

Please let me know if any other changes needs to be done

Regards,

Poojith MV