Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect SAP on Oracle/Unix to External Ms-sql database

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are trying to connect SAP ECC 6.0 on oracle 10g and Solaris 5.1 to external Ms-sql database to fetch some data. Method that we can use is UD Connect.

But I am trying to find some document on this from SMP or SDN but I am not able to find. One document, I could find but that is for Java system based on window and that is too for NW 2004. And If I am following this document and then in last when I am checking connection then it is showing Connection to remote database failed.

Please guide me for some document that is for Java system on unix.

Thanks

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We are trying to connect SAP ECC 6.0 on oracle 10g and Solaris 5.1 to external Ms-sql database to fetch some data. Method that we can use is UD Connect.

You have two options:

- use the Java driver (MS-SQL JDBC) to fetch the data

- install a Windows application in the same instance and use this one to connect via DBCON.

Since there is no database interface library (lib_dbsl*) for Unix platforms those are your only choices.

Markus

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I am using first option which you specified but I am not able to find the document for this to verify what I have done is right or not as It is giving me error. Could you please help me to give some link for this method ?

Thanks

Sunny

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to make clear:

you want to use JDBC to get data from an MS-SQL database using ABAP?

Markus

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I am using UD Connect method to get data from remote MS-sql system. For that I have Java system which I am connecting to remote MS-sql system via JDBC connector. And in turns I created one RFC to ABAP system. This is how SAP has mentioned in the UD Connect guide.

But problem is guide is for NW 2004 and that is too when Portal system is based on window. But in my case portal as well as ABAP system is on solaris. So, I am not able to do so.

Hope I am clear now.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We can use UD Connect only. I was facing problem because user id and password which i provided was incorrect.

Thanks

Sunny