Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xml

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

If our client requirement is to syndicate an xml file, will he provide us XSD pertaining to that in prior??

If not should we need to create an XSD file? If so what is the best application that we use to create a XSD file?

Please share your views on how you approach in real bussiness situations..

Regards

Eva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

If our client requirement is to syndicate an xml file, will he provide us XSD pertaining to that in prior??

I think yes. If he does not provide XSD you need to discuss the field length, minoccurs , maxoccurs etc with the business to generate XSD.

If not should we need to create an XSD file? If so what is the best application that we use to create a XSD file?

You can create XSD using Altova, XML SPY etc to generate XSD from XML. I would suggest for this your XML file should have complete data so that your XSD gets generated from this XML file should be more appropriate to your requirement.

Hope it helps..

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create XSD using Altova, XML SPY etc to generate XSD from XML.

well, i need to generate an XML file, wherrein this is only possible when you have a XSD correspoding to it.

Is This true??

If so in the above statement(in bold) it was mentioned that you need to generate xsd from XML??

But I thought xml can only be generated when xsd is already available!!!!

Please clarify me!!!

Eva

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi eva ,

You are right for generating xml first you need xsd then pnly you can create .I am also confused inlast reply because u donot have xml in place and you need to syndicate into xml file.

Just try in this way if possible : If you dont know how to create an xsd then what you can do is to export from data manager in XML format and then you can change the xsd from xml by the steps defined in previous replies.I have never tried this .

sorry i havnot checked this xml option.This is not available in data manger export options soin this case you have to create xsd from scratch only

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Edited by: Sudhanshu Agarwal on Jun 29, 2010 5:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

well, i need to generate an XML file, wherrein this is only possible when you have a XSD correspoding to it.

Is This true??

You are also right but Its vice-versa, you can also generate XSD from XML. If you have XML file

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

you should discuss the starting point with your customer. If you have to send data from a MDM repository via syndicator, you obviously have a MDM repository that you could use to create an XSD via xomlite. Nevertheless you should negotiate with your customer the actual format of the message that he expects! If it is like the actual repository structure, xomlite is fine. If not you may have to build the XSD manually - or if a sample XML file exists from your customer, you can create it according to the XML with tools like altova.

In any cases, involve your customer to define the target structure!

Best regards

Michael

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your replies.

One last question.

In the link

and in the PDF hto guide http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/bf0e8a97-0d01-0010-f0a2-af3b18b7f...

It is mentioned to run the code C:j2sdk1.4.2_12in>java u2013jar xomlite45.jar Repository name.xml

Wherein when i export my rep schema (.xml) file to the server folders.

Should i need to move the .xml file to BIN folder here..

so in consists of

xomlite45.jar

templates folder

repository.xml

these 3 files??

Please clarify

Regards

Eva

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

In addition to the above, if you have SAP PI in your landscape. uoi can ask them to provide it.

SAP PI can generate it according to the requirement of the fields and the cardinalities.

Also, for Import scenario, they can provied the corresponding XML and give it to you.

Thanks,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

Thats correct. You will have xomlite45.jar, templates folder, repository.xml and xsd.zip files in \bin folder. Just unzip the zip document and put all the files in \bin folder along with your xml file which is repository.xml.

Now in the cmd prompt run only C:\j2sdk1.4.2_12\bin>java -jar xomlite45.jar repository.xml

Make sure the minus symbol before jar, it is minus. If we copy from a word document this minus becomes like double minus kind of thing. You can see the difference in the sign of your message and mine. So best is to type the whole line and then it should work. Please follow deepak reply in the above thread, it should work.

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also see SAP note 1281017.

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

Vice versa it's possible. depends on your specific requirment.

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

SAP is providing standred XSD schema for Material, Vendor and Customer in there Buisness content you can utilise this XSD file or if any cutomized XSD then SAP have capabilities to genrate XSD file or other then SAP then ask client to provide XSD rather to create your own

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

If i am understanding correctly then yr client want syndicated file in XML format.Then in that case XSD is must and it should be delivered by client and if you know in which format client wants the xml file then you also create xml schema file.

You can use XMLFOX for creating xsd .

Thanks,

Sudhanhsu

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

Through Xomlite you can achive this.

Please follow the link

Hope it hepls in efficient manner. also update the status of your thread.

Deep

Edited by: Deepak Gupta on Jun 29, 2010 12:46 PM