cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDIS and Manual Import Manager Maps issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any one clear me the following confusion for me: I just joinned a project in between and I see the following situation....

I see a map associated with port and its processing is automatic... I can see the data in MDM Data Manager ..All required fields are imported as needed..

When I manually use the same map I see few fields are not mapped in MDM Import Manager GUI... Does it happen usually? I wonder how the fields are imported using Automatic or MDIS ?

I see the same map in Port.... any suggestions..

Regards,

Rajeev.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

It may possible that Source file has some fields which are not need to be mapped with target if you have all the MDM target fields populated using the source file as required using that map. So that's why you are seeing some fields which are not mapped.

Obviously fields which are mapped in MDM Import manager map, same mapped fields only will be populated using MDIS

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry for put in wrong thread

Edited by: Sudhanshu Agarwal on Jul 4, 2010 9:03 PM

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

The field you will map in IM those wily there in MDIS , not all. for rest configuration you can refer the guide.

Hope it helps.

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

the field which are not mapped in your exsiting map during automatic it will ignore this field

and import rest of the data so to over come this problem mapthis field and select SAVE Update option

but if you mean to say field value are not mapped then it can be handle through import manager configuration option

1. Automap unmapped values ---> Yes

2. unmapped value handling ---> Add/ ignore/ fail

try out above mention point it will help you

Thanks,

Jignesh Patel