Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPL Repeteable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm using BPL to copy Z tables.

Can anyone tell me the difference between "ERP Initial Package for Business Process Library" and "ERP Initial Repeatable Package for Business Process Library"?

In the help of proccess tree we can see:

TX TDBP0_REPEAT_EXECUTION

Repeat Execution

Use

All activities in the phase Setup and Execution can be executed more than once.

This means that you can go back and change the settings of your scenario, or just re-execute data transfer or deletion with with the same settings if required.

Note: Once you have completed the package, it is no longer possible to start the activities in this phase.

If you change any scenario settings, make sure to reexecute the activity Verify Scenario Setup afterwards.

Activities

If required, return to the beginnung of the phase Setup and Execution, change the settings, and repeat the data transfer.

But I can only do once activities Start Deletion and Start Data Extraction.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the difference between "ERP Initial Package for Business Process Library" and "ERP Initial Repeatable Package for Business Process Library"?

The difference is that the repeatable package consists only of one phase (Setup and Execution), while the non repeatable package has separate phases for Setup, Deletion and Extraction.

When you leave a phase, you are not able to go back anymore.

For the non repeatable package this means that you can not change your package setup anymore after you have executed the data extraction, while the repeatable package allows you to setup your package (e.g. set selection criteria), perform your data transfer and then go back to the first step, change your selection criteria and repeat the data extraction within the same package.

But I can only do once activities Start Deletion and Start Data Extraction.

This sounds like an error to me - in my case all activities beforethese activities can be executed several times.

@Jessica - the last step is "Complete Package" - when you execute this activity the package will be deactivated and no activity will be executable anymore.

Best Regards,

Nico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nico!!

Ok, I can do several times all others activities, except Start Deletion and Start Data Extraction. There are no errors in logs but TDMS shows following message when runs those activities:

"Activity 'Start Data Extraction' is not to be restarted / repeated in package 90023, phase 'Setup and Execution"

I use /BPL/CUSTOMER scenario to copy a few customer tables (Z´s). The first execution was fine, but when I try to repeat it, arise the problems.

Best Regards and thaks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Javier,

In that case I would suggest to open up a support message.

Best Regards,

Nico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nico-

We have had the same issue too. Though the package is re-executable, it would not let you execute the actual transfer more than once. You can only re-execute up to the data deletion activity.

Thanks

Harmeet

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also have a question about what is the last step in the process-tree after which I cannot change the configuration any more.

Could some experts help clarify this?

Thanks!