cancel
Showing results for
Search instead for
Did you mean:

Workflow send mail issue ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ;

I have an Issue a bout sent mail with workflow. I modify mds.ini file for mail.

I changed this setting

Mail Server=192.XXX.XX.XXX (MailServerIP) ( and mail server using 25. port )

and I built a workflow . (Start item - notification - Ens item )

I want to send mail when a item add in a table . And I did nessesary setting (Triggaction,active, ... )

I monitoring in mdm server log and I have this issue. message is this " Could not send e-mail for overdue step [46855 : Record Maintenance : Validate]."

why didnt It work ?

And

I want to learn. when I sent a mail in workflow . which account using by workflow.

It have some setting? and if It has some setting where I see this setting ?

regarding

Turgut

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Turgut,

You need to give only IP address of mail server in mds.ini file

Mail Server = 192.XXX.XX.XXX and after that you need to restart your MDM server.

Also check, By default in mds.ini as Mail SMTP Timeout = 1. If MDM doesnu2019t receive a response from the mail server within the timeout period, it aborts the email task and does not attempt to resend the email. One can adjust the timeout period in the mds.ini file if required and then also need to restart MDM server if you make any changes for it in mds.ini file

Note: Make sure that User has valid email address defined in User Table of MDM Console both for sender and receiver.

For more details, please refer the below blog

/people/saurabhkumar.sahu/blog/2008/08/26/e-mail-notification-using-mdm-workflow-sample-scenario

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Turgut

A guess - can your MDM server communicate with your mail server? To test this, ask your basis team if the MDM server can telnet to the mail server on port 25. If not then it is likely that a firewall is causing your problem.

Cheers,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

I asked our basis team , and they was test mail server and It has any issue.

Our mdm server and mail server working same network .

Regars

Turgut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts ;

I write again but I have different thins .

Basis team say our mai_l server cant send mail to other mai_l server

and I was delete personel mai_l I and tyr again . I didnt read mai_l but workflow hasn't issue .

this is work flow's result.

Workflow: Workflow Item

Workflow Description: Workflow Item

Workflow: Admin

Job ID: 10020

No. Records: 1

Created: 06/29/2010 14:17:54 GMT

Launched: 06/29/2010 14:17:54 GMT

Completed: 06/29/2010 14:17:56 GMT

Step Name: Notify

Step Description: Mdm Test Mai_l!

Started: 06/29/2010 14:17:54 GMT

Mail Server: 192.168.10.100

From: turgut.cilgi_detaysoft_

To: turgut.cilgi_detaysoft_

cc:

Subject: Mdm Test Mai_l!

Message: Mdm Test Mai_l!

Completed: 06/29/2010 14:17:56 GMT

User: Admin

Arrived: 06/29/2010 14:17:54 GMT

Started: 06/29/2010 14:17:54 GMT

Completed: 06/29/2010 14:17:56 GMT

Step Name: Stop

Step Description:

Started: 06/29/2010 14:17:56 GMT

Completed: 06/29/2010 14:17:56 GMT

Completed: 06/29/2010 14:17:56 GMT

I think my issue about my mai_l server.

what do you think ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I once had a similar issue, the reason was that we had an antivirus program running on Mail server which was stopping all the mails coming from MDM server , it was assuming all those mails as junk e-mail and won't transfer to the actual recepients.

Please check with the mail server team and see if that could be the issue.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for answer Aamir ;

Of Course we use some program for junk mail.

I think now, basis team must solve this isue .

Thanks For All Answers .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Turgut

Adding to the reply from Mandeep- notification will be sent by the Workflow Owner ID. There is no separate Admin/Super ID for sending the mails.

Apart from the setting in mds.ini file there is no separate setting required.

hope this helps-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for answer and I performed your solution ways . But I have

Step Name: Notify

Step Description: Mdm Test Mail!

Started: 06/29/2010 10:56:52 GMT

Could not send e-mail [10017 : Workflow Item : Notify] [Mail server:192.168.10.100] [From address:turgut.cilgi(a)detaysoft.com] [To address:turgut.cilgi(a)detaysoft.com, turgut.cilgi(a)hotmail.com].

rc = 4294967283 MDM Server Error

Completed: 06/29/2010 10:56:54 GMT

I have two type mail adres first enterprise and second my custom mail adress.

I have some issue rc = 4294967283 MDM Server Error

do you know, why I get this issue ?

regards

Turgut

Note I use (a) because I didnt write . Sdn doesnt allow mail adress ...