Dynamic Overflowing Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, me again.

Here's the scenario:

I currently have a form in development.

in the first page of this form, there's:

- the logo, title, page number.

- a header (information about the customer. this will be shown only one time, in the first page.)

- item data which is a unorthodox table. (this table is made up of 3 tables, all data in this table will be from one imported table from the backend. actually the imported table is data from a sales order. For every line item in the sales order, a table for item data will be produced. if the item data overflows from the first page, the data will then overflow to the second page. if there is only one line item for the sales order, only one table will be produced. Hence, only one page will be required.)

[heres the link to a screenshot of the table|http://images.plurk.com/3259487_c667ee15a0e5aa2fb305a9ea4fbed8dd.jpg]

in the second page of the form, there's:

- the logo, title, page number

- item data which has overflowed from the previous page (if the item data overflows from this page, it will overflow to the next page, same format as the second page and so on.

all else is well except for the item data which is quite complicated in my opinion.

i have browsed other questions regarding dynamic overflowing tables, but none seems cater to the requirements i have mentioned.

if you have any ideas, please feel free to inform me.

any help is appreciated.

regards,

rowie.

Edited by: shockadis on Jun 29, 2010 10:03 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182465
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi shockadis.

check whether this settings were done for subform

1. Bodypage which is subform - Content - Flowed, check - Allow page breaks,

Pagination - place - Following Previous

After - you bind it to Content area on master page

Binding - check - Repeat subform for each data item

Hoping this solves your issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

wrapping the table in a subform was what i needed, because it had checkbox "repeat form for each data item".

thanks! this solved my problem!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks guys for your replies, this has all been helpful.

i have simplified the table and made into just one. i have made two master pages and 1 page like a subform, trouble is.. when the table has more values, the table does not replicate. what am i doing wrong?

regards,

rowie

former_member182465
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Shochadis .Create 2 pages as you said in master.

Then on first master page place -

- the logo, title, page number.

- a header (information about the customer. this will be shown only one time, in the first page.)

Then on Second Master page place -

- the logo, title, page number

simple Indication - when you click on master page tab you have to get 2 pages.

in Body page place

- item data

Hope this solve your problem.

jagdishwar_b
Active Participant
0 Kudos

as per my understanding, the flow of content into the next page is controlled by the "SubForm" object level. the BodyPage itself can be treated as Subform.

for not having the fixed positions of the objects, select the Subform object in the Hierarchy Palette, and in the Object Palette -> Subform tab, Select the content as Flowed and Flow Direction top to bottom, and select the "Allow page breaks within content".

So ideally whatever may be your objects, may be logo, title, tables etc, embed them within a subform object.

in that case the subform data, e.g. table rows etc will be automatically flowed into the next page.

>>item data which is a unorthodox table. (this table is made up of 3 tables

if needed, you may need to use subforms within subform, e.g. you may need to place a subform object within a cell of the enclosing table.

thanks,

BJagdishwar.