Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping Idoc nodes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a file to Idoc scenario.

I want to know how to map the Idoc nodes at receivinf end.

Which filed should the node Idoc be mapped to ? Also what about " Begin ", " EDI_DC40 " and also " SEGMENT " under EDI_DC40.

Do I have to make any of them unbounded. Sounds silly but am not to able map accordingly.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Which filed should the node Idoc be mapped to ?

You might have received a mapping design document....if not then did you try asking your lead about the mapping requirement....SDNers may not be able to tell you which IDOC field to be mapped!

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhishek,

I would like to rephrase my question.

There is a SEGMENT node under every node in Idoc. Some one said it has to be mapped with a constant always. It can be one or blank. Also the Idoc will have multiple segments. And some segments are only used in mapping. But all the segments contain the node segment. I guess we need to map the segment only under the Idoc nodes which we use for mapping.

Again what about BEGIN. Is the mapping same for this irrespective of the Idoc. I saw BEGIN being mapped to a counter in one of the File to Idoc scenarios. What does it imply ?

And if my understanding is correct, then I need to map the " Idoc" to the root node of the source.

Regards

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> There is a SEGMENT node under every node in Idoc. Some one said it has to be mapped with a constant always. It can be one or blank.

right

>Also the Idoc will have multiple segments. And some segments are only used in mapping. But all the segments contain the node segment. I guess we need to map the segment only under the Idoc nodes which we use for mapping.

right

> Again what about BEGIN. Is the mapping same for this irrespective of the Idoc. I saw BEGIN being mapped to a counter in one of the File to Idoc scenarios. What does it imply ?

You can map empty constant, no counter required.

> And if my understanding is correct, then I need to map the " Idoc" to the root node of the source.

when the occurrance is 1..1, you need not map, or you map empty constant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Stefan,

Thanks a million for al the inputs, befoe I close I got one more doubt

when the occurrance is 1..1, you need not map, or you map empty constant

What if the occuranc is 1...unbounded ? Then how do I map ? It's mandatory to map to the root node, am I correct ?

And can you tell me the reason why the occurence is considered while mapping this particular node ?

Regards

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> And can you tell me the reason why the occurence is considered while mapping this particular node ?

Occurrence is considered in any node. The mapping tool creates all traget nodes automatically, when occurrence is 1..1.

when it is 1..unbounded, I am not sure. but it does not hurt, if you map an empty constant to it, to have it once.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Or you can disable E1EDC40 control record or map it with constant for testing the scenario, but in real time if E1EDC40 control record is enabled then you need to check Apply Control record Values from Paload in Idoc receiver communication channel.

you will get all the details in the mapping desgnied documents.

Regards,

Abid

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajith,

Before going to mapping part first try to understand IDoc structure.

E1EDC40 is control record, here we give sender ,receiver port details and IDoc type and message type deatils.

the you have to map data records.

search in sdn and find one good doc to know about IDoc structure,you have to identify madatory fileds for IDoc too elase it will not post succesfully.

Regards,

Raj