Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability Check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My requirement.

The line item check availability based on plant. If I enter a particular plant in SO, then the line item checks stock available in the respective storage location and stock in transit. It shouldnu2019t check any other stocks or shouldnu2019t go for MRP.

*When I check carry out control of availability check in SPRO, I found several checking rules are assigned to one checking group. Do we require new item category at SO level to determine our own checking rule to map above requirement or the scenario which I discussed above is a standard functionality. I am not getting the concept of determining checking group and checking rule determination.

Please advice.

Regards,

Deepu Pillai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like other experts already mentioned, you cannot influence checking rule. Therefore, sales order and delivery checking rules are always A and B respectively.

You can change the checking group, though. Assign the different checking group to material master based on your requirements. Then you can OVZ9 to change the availability check rule.

You probably need the flag on Stockintransfer and the unflag on No.Stor.location.inspection. Given, that you specify the storage location in SD Orders.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu,

Use T code OVZ9, you can customize based oon your requirements for the Combination of Availability checking Group and Checking Rule ?

I hope it will solve ur requirement.

Regards,

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mastan,

Thank you for your reply. But doesnt satisfy my requirement. I think this requirement could be a standard one and i want to how SAP determines checking rule for an SO. (Several checking rules are assigned for a checking group)

Regards,

Deepu

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Checking rule is transaction based like A for SD sales order and B for SD delivery like that it is defined

So in a sales order the system checks with the combination of AChecking rule and the Checking group defined in MMR and for that combination we give controls in OVZ9 and based on that system makes availability check

Every one and all SAP materials including myself say Checking Rule is transaction based and picked up by the system thro hard coded controls

But In t code OPJL it is possible to define new checking rules that means customization is possible

But where is the link or assignment

For this nobody has given correct answers including the PP friends

For you the system is shifting the Checking Rule from A to B in the sales order itself means we can find out get where the said assignment is done

In OVZ9 remove the combination Checking rule B and your Checking group and save

You said the system has shifted its Checking rule to B from A

Now test it after removing this control in OVZ9 and see the system is shifting once again to A or throwing error as the control is removed in OVZ9

Further, in t code OVZ2 we can define more checking rules

In IMG-MM-Purchasing-Purchase order-Set up stock transport order-Define checking rules

Here also we can define more checking rules

But how the system picks them ,is through some internal controls and also transaction based like when we do sales transaction that is VA01 system picks A That is SD sales order and when we do VL01 system picks B That is SD delivery

Availability check is not available in quotation in SAP standard as the quotation is not a confirmed requirement from the customer

We cannot define Checking Rule to be picked up for quotation that is even if we define a new key say R as SD quotation we cannot make system to pick this R while doing quotation creation in VA21

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

Thank you for your detailed reply. Sorry. I have not mentioned shifting of checking rule.

My requirement is if enter a particular plant for a particular material system needs to check present stock +stock in transit and confirm the quantity.

For eg Plant - 1000 have Material A -100 items in stock and another 50 in transit. When i create SO for material A of 150, system needs to confirm 150. 100 immediately and balance 50 will be considered calculating goods in transit time.

Btw i have not configured the scenario in systme. I think a new checking group and further settings in OVZ9 will support my requirement. I will work on this and let you know within a week.

Btw if any other suggestions from experts, welcome.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sorry,

I accidentally posted in my colleague id which is automatically logged on.

Regards,

Deepu