cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while uploading mitigation controls

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

While uploading the mitigation controls i am facing with the below error. Can you please help me in resolving this error.

Error in table dataVIRSA_CC_MITUSER

SQL:=>Insert into VIRSA_CC_MITMON(MITREFNO,MONITORID) Values(?,?)

Record::Line Number :21 : D VIRSA_CC_MITMON TESTC1 TEST1

Below is the text file which i am uploading into the RAR for test purposes

M VIRSA_CC_ADMIN USERID NAME EMAILID ROLEID

D VIRSA_CC_ADMIN TEST1 TEST1 test M

M VIRSA_CC_BUSUNIT BUSID

D VIRSA_CC_BUSUNIT TH

M VIRSA_CC_BUSUNITT BUSID LANG DESCN

D VIRSA_CC_BUSUNITT TH EN Thailand

M VIRSA_CC_BUAPPVR BUSID APPROVERID

D VIRSA_CC_BUAPPVR TH TEST1

M VIRSA_CC_BUMONITOR BUSID MONITORID

D VIRSA_CC_BUMONITOR TH TEST1

M VIRSA_CC_MITREF MITREFNO BUSID APPROVERID

D VIRSA_CC_MITREF TESTC1 TH TEST1

M VIRSA_CC_MITREFT MITREFNO LANG DESCN

D VIRSA_CC_MITREFT TESTC1 EN Test mitigation control

M VIRSA_CC_MITRISK MITREFNO RISKID

D VIRSA_CC_MITRISK TESTC1 F006*

M VIRSA_CC_MITMON MITREFNO MONITORID

D VIRSA_CC_MITMON TESTC1 TEST1

M VIRSA_CC_MITRPT MITREFNO ACTIONS VSYSKEY MONITORID FREQUENCY

M VIRSA_CC_MITUSER MITREFNO RISKID USERID VALIDFROM VALIDTO MONITORID STATUS

M VIRSA_CC_MITROLE MITREFNO RISKID ROLEID VALIDFROM VALIDTO MONITORID STATUS

D VIRSA_CC_MITROLE TESTC1 F006* Z1.*.ASST-SC-FINC-MGR 6/9/2010 7/25/2010 TEST1 0

M VIRSA_CC_MITHROBJ MITREFNO RISKID HROBJ HROBJTYP VALIDFROM VALIDTO MONITORID STATUS

M VIRSA_CC_MITPROF MITREFNO RISKID PROFILE VALIDFROM VALIDTO MONITORID STATUS

M VIRSA_CC_MITUSRORG MITREFNO RISKID USERID ORGRULEID VALIDFROM VALIDTO MONITORID STATUS

M VIRSA_CC_DETDESC OBJECT_TYPE OBJECT_ID LANG DETAIL_DESCN

D VIRSA_CC_DETDESC MIT TESTC1 EN Test Mitigation control

We are not mitigating users now. Only roles are getting mitigated and hence we have not provided any values to the MIT USER table.

Thanks and Best Regard,

Srihari.K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srihari,

Here is what you need to do.

1. Open this file in Edit Plus or some advanced editor.

2. Select the option to show the Tabs & Spaces to Yes.

3. Check the area close to line number 21 where the data related to VIRSA_CC_MITMON is mentioned and make sure that there are no additional spaces, tabs.

4. You are getting this error because in this tab delimited file you have extra space or tab at the mentioned line number and system is inserting more entries into the table then there are number of columns for it. Make sure that every record is ended with a line break and not a space

5. Once you clean the file, save it in UTF-8 format and then try to upload it.

I have faced this issue number of times and i have been able to correct it this way.

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Varun,

Thanks for your reply. It helped me a lot. But however i am facing the following issue while uploading the mitigation controls

After exporting the mitigation file from RAR, we opened the text file in a spreadsheet format and added few lines to the file and saved in the same text format or in UTF-8 format also

After uploading the same into RAR again after changes we are facing similar errors mentioned in above query.

But when we add lines directly in the wordpad and upload the file then it is successful.

We have to add so many mitigation controls and roles to be assigned for which excel would be easy way to dump.

Is there anything wrong we are doing here in editing and converting the files.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Srihari.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sri,

I faced this issue as well when i tried to do the modification using excel. What excel does that it also places extra tabs into the file once i am done with editing and save it. Later when i opened the file in edit plus i noticed many extra tabs and spaces in the file which were so difficult to remove. Then i had to resort to changing directly into the text file itself. That is why i recommended going for Edit plus text editor as it will show you exactly where you have spaces and tabs.

Unfortunately i could not find way in excel not to put extra spaces and tabs.

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Varun mentioned, you should not be using Excel to make changes to the mitigation file. I always face this issue and usually I use editplas or notepad++. Also, if you still want to use excel, make sure to divide the mitigation text file by tables (all the tables start with 'M'), and then import the separated files into excel (do not just open the file directly in excel).

Regards,

Alpesh

Answers (0)