cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate BOM can be useful for SNP MRP run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can any one give me clear explaination how alternate BOM can run MRP run in APO SNP or PPDS? Please let me know.

It will be really great if nyone explaine me clearly

Thanks in advance

Please let me know

Regards,

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

Create multiple prod versions with alternate BOMs

Transfer these to APO to create multiple PPMs.

Convert these to SNP PPMs

Use SNP Optimizer to plan.

Optimizer will choose alternate PPMs to meet the demands (use appropriate PPM to meet the demand with lowest total cost)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

We are using Heuristic in SNP and also i am using PDS, Can anyone explain me who to tackle these problem?

Please let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar

nitin_thatte
Contributor
0 Kudos

PDS and PPM are functionally same. So same result will be obtained.

In SNP heuristic, the alternative PDSs are taken into consideration only if there are some calendar related constraints in fulfilling demand.

Otherwise Heuristic will use only one PDS with alphabetically lower name or the PDS with Higher procurement priority

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Kumar,

We also faced a similar issue for our client where inspite of having multiple SNP PPMs, heursitics only picked the one with higher priority and not considering any constraint.

we suggested the client some changes, having different product versions depending upon lot sizes,

changing the source of supply manually in the prdocut view in case of multiple source supply, etc

We also developed a functionality in the SNP planning book so that the users could select between multiple PPMs/PDS using the drill down functionality. This way they had the visibility of how many orders were being created on a particular resource. although this does not give a complete visibiltiy of the constraint on the resource, but assists the planner to create orders in the planning book itself for different PPMs. we used SOS_CHECK_MULTI, DRILL_UP and DRILL_DOWN in our macros.

let me know if this helps.

Rgds, Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks a lot.I have similar problem. I think i may be using PDS , so do i need to proced and what are steps needed to be done to get correct planned orders?

Lets say E.G: I have 1 Header material and for that i have 1 component Domestic materail and after its gets cosume completely it should take Imported Component material. My question is when i run my MRP using Heuristic plan how the planned orders will be generated?

Please it will be great help if you guide me.

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Kumar,

From what i understand is that you want to conusme the imported material only after all the domestic material is conusmed.

i can think of a couple of options:

you may request the planner to select the alternate PDS as and when the planner needs the domestic material. however in the case, the user would have to keep a vigilant eye on the inventory of the domestic and imported materials.

For my client, i have used product interchnageability functionality to manage this automatically. I have published a case study on SDN which basically show cases how we managed to almost mange this problem of alternate compoenets using this functionality. You can access the case study on the below link :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/203c6bf9-da4a-2d10-dc85-f0d79ac9be89

Please go thru the case study and let me know if you need further details.

Rgds, Sandeep

Answers (0)