cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation of Invoice type for all process

Former Member
0 Kudos

we have Domestic , Deemed , Export , Scrap & Sample scenarions. do i have to create the cancellation invoice type separate for all the scenario . or it can handled with the single cancellation invoice type.

Also How can i record the reason for cancellation of invoices?. user wants to have the dropdown for the reason.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See, different type of cancellation doc can be based on customer requirement and business process. So, whether they want a different account doc for diff sales scenario. Generally, it is maintain as one cancellation doc.

And as per reason for rejection is concern that is maintain at Base Doc, i.e., sales order.

As the on cancellation the sales order status with either change to Open or Being Processed/Yet to invoice.

So, cancellation reason is maintain at sales order and drop list with not be available at Billing.

I would suggest you to maintain text in the billing doc which is canceled for the reasons.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mastan & JP for your quick reply .

If suppose if we create one cancelaation invoice type then can it will take care of all scenario as in case of scrap sales there are diff account hitting..do we required to do diffrent setting for the same

yes regarding cancellation reason i think text will be best options.

Thanks

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Yes.. it will work with only One invoice Type.

Basically while cancelling you will enter the Invoice no. So its automatically posted the G/L accounts which is already exists in the Original Invoice..

Just its reversal document..

If you want you can test in Test system...take the invoices from VBRK table based on Sales org and the Billing Type.

Take the different invoices based on your scenarios and try to cancel the invoice using one invoice cancellation type.

I think it willnot have any issues.

Regards,

SK

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

We can use One Cancellation Invoice Type for All type of Invoce Cancellations.

You can maintain the Reason in the header text and check?

Regards,

SK