cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive [RFC|WS] Restart - will it never end?

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

As you know after we change meta data of Web Service/RFC (for example adding a new method to a WS or changing a method signature) we need to restart the J2EE (that's because of WD cache and not the Web Service!).

Is there a way to prevent that?

Restarting production server is not always possible...

For RFC model the following article

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10465350-b4f5-2910-61ba-a58282b3b...

doesn't always help... (and I'm using 7.00.20)

Also, importing an adaptive WS is not really trivial, see: /people/bertram.ganz/blog/2005/10/10/how-to-reimport-web-service-models-in-web-dynpro-for-java

The blog was written by Bertram Ganz (who knows a thing or two about WDJ (-: ) in 2005! but still there is no "normal" way for reimport adaptive Web Service model.

Regards,

Omri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Closing thread.

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as i Know, since re-import the RFC is done on the Development server, we have to re-start the server. But, Further transports are done by deploying the EAR file both on QAS and Prod where the RFC's also would have been moved.

I don't really understand why the production server needs to be re-started for deployments?

Correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Poojith MV

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is a runtime issue and not development time issue...

You're right that reimport is done only for development server however there is cache (WD cache) on the QA and PROD servers.

You deploy the new EAR to QA/PROD. The cached metadata is not cleared on QA and PROD and you'll get an exception (restarting the J2EE will clear this cache).

Regards,

Omri

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Refer to the thread below which has the same problem as described by you:

Regards,

Poojith MV

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I read the thread and in my original post I gave a link to an article that explains exactly the same thing...

Two issues:

1) It's for Adaptive RFC and not for Adaptive Web Service

2) Sometimes it doesn't work and you still need restart...

Regards,

Omri