cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Idocs - XI - SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In our scenario Idocs are coming in SAP from XI which generates Measuring Document.

Now, Here Duplicate Idocs are getting generated carrying the same data where in one of the Idocs generates a Measuring document and other gives an Error Measuring document already exists.

We would like to find out how the Duplicate Idocs are getting generated.

Can anyone through some light on this kind of issues.??

Thank You

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i had a similar issue on deferred defect documents out of the system.

it was a program issue and i wrote some code to check and only send a single document.

we are still awaiting a proper fix from OSS.

We would like to find out how the Duplicate Idocs are getting generated.

set a breakpoint in before the idoc creation and check to see why it is called twice.

then work backwards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Barry / stefan,

Thanks for your reply.

@Stefan: yes, I confirm it is not creation duplicate Measuring Document, one IDoc created Measuring Document successfully and other gives an error " Measuring Document already exists".

@Barry: we will check on your suggestion and will update you. But are you confirmed it is getting generated in SAP (Not flowing in from XI).

Regards

DM

Edited by: Deepak M on Jun 29, 2010 8:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

first check in XI whether it is actually creating two idocs or it is happening only in SAP.

First sort out whether the issue is happening in XI or SAP.

If SAP, then check the inbound function module why it is calling twice. If not, try running some sample using we19 and check whether that is creating one idoc or multiple idocs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To varify that check in IDX5 in XI to see at same time if it has created two idocs.

Or if you get idoc numbers from R/3 system then from those IDOC numbers see in XI that those two IDOCS for same data are getting generated from XI.

If you get two IDOCs in XI, that means something is happening in XI, or else u will be sure that this is happening in R/3 and not in XI.

Thanks,

Hetal

Edited by: hetal shah on Jun 30, 2010 12:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now today also i found two Idocs, one has created the measuring document XYZ and the other is lying in 52 status-Duplicate Measuring Document Found. Document - XYZ.

Now, we checked in XI system we couldnt able to find both these Idocs, dont know how these are getting generated in SAP or by any chance if they are coming from XI ??

Also, can we have a report from SAP system showing Measuring Document generated against the IDOC number???

Can anyone guide about this ??

regards

DM

Edited by: Deepak M on Jun 30, 2010 2:40 PM

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We would like to find out how the Duplicate Idocs are getting generated.

Are you sure, that the sender does not post duplicates?