cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to run CLIX command?

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! I know the syntax of writing a CLIX command (from Console Manager Guide). However, I do not know how can I execute the CLIX command. I have installed the application but it does not seem to call up any application or windows where I can enter the command. Can someone please clarify how are CLIX commands being executed?

Cheers!

SF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF

CLIX was created so that the MDM server can be controlled / configured "automatically". The actual clix command is executed from within a shell script and/or batch files.

Cheers,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF,

on windows just open a command promt (Start->run typein: cmd)

When the command window opens type in CLIX. it should give you some informtaion on the clix-command.

You can use CLIX in .BAT-files for automatic controlling the MDS eg. scheduling repository backups.

lpk

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ignore my question. I finally found the way to run CLIX. Thanks!

-

Hi! Apparently when I tried to type CLIX on the command window, it said that CLIX is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. I even run the CLIX applications before trying this but to no avail.

Any idea?

Regards

SF

Edited by: SF on Jun 30, 2010 4:14 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SF,

Steps necessary before starting with CLIX:

• Before using CLIX, check the version of the MDM server and find out the compatible version of MDM CLIX and install it.

• For executing CLIX commands; open command prompt and go to the folder where CLIX is installed.*

• Now type CLIX; just to validate that correct patch is installed.

For more details, Please refer below link:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPMDM/GettingStartedwithMDMCLIX

Regards,

Mandeep Saini