Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

development server start and instant profiles ara shows inactive status

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i have one query please try to solve it

here i want to down my development system in aix platform and i tried for that but my dev system gives an error that indicates that my dev system profiles start and instance are inactive mode so command is not executed so i need to down what can i do

how can i set my profiles in active status?

Edited by: swathimatta on Jun 29, 2010 10:09 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it a new installtion ??

thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi anil,

no its not new

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether you SAP is installed on Virtual hostname ??

If yes, then you have to stop SAP by giving virtual hostname.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi anil,

system hostname is at local host

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto Rz10 and import Profile from active server.

Once imported succesfuly , check what is hostname maintain in file name of instance and start profile.

Then goto Server OS level and run command HOSTNAME and match output with the file name of instance and start profile.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi anil,

thanks for ur suggestion and i try for that

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Anil,

if i import profiles of Active server means it imports again, that means i lost my previous profiles

(each profile is having different versions )...this my thinking is correct or can i try for that re import

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if i import profiles of Active server means it imports again, that means i lost my previous profiles

If you have made any changes directly on file level of profile and then you import the file on RZ10, then it will overwrite the prevously file content.

But, when you make any changes in profile in RZ10 and when you save it, it create new profile version and in any case if you have to go to old profile version, you can activate the old profile version.

If you have not done any changes from OS level, then wihtout any doubt you can reimport the profile.

Even if you have made any changes in profile from OS level and you are aware of that , then not to worry you can go ahead.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you very much Anil

Answers (0)