Wrong error message was returned from JDBC DriverManager.
I deployed 3 jdbc drivers(oracle, mssql, tibero which is korean dbms) into SAP PI.
when I try to connect to oracle by jdbc, I got the error message about tibero failure from JDBC Adapter.
I read some article about this issue.
They said that JDBC DriverManager will try to connect other jdbc after failure connection of one jdbc driver.
1. DriverManager try to connect to oracle.
2. password error.
3. return "password error" message from oracle.
4. DriverManager try to connect to MSSQL.
5. wrong connect url and driver name.
6. return "wrong url" message from MSSQL.
7. DriverManager try to connect to TIBERO.
8. wrong connect url and driver name.
9. return "wrong url" message from TIBERO.
10. save the log latest error message into PI
how can I solve this issue?
Actually according to the JDBC API the driver, which does not recognize the URL should return null and not throw an exception.
The driver should return "null" if it realizes it is the wrong kind of driver to connect to the given URL. This will be common, as when the JDBC driver manager is asked to connect to a given URL it passes the URL to each loaded driver in turn.
The driver should throw an SQLException if it is the right driver to connect to the given URL but has trouble connecting to the database.
If the tibero driver was compliant with the API the real exception would be visible to the end user.