cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW7.0 AS Java running different JVM versions?

michael_watson
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We have a NetWeaver 7.0 AS Java with the eSourcing 5.0 application deployed on it. We are upgrading our security certificates used for SSL communication to a 4096bit certificate key, however the Java 1.4.2 keystore does not support keys over 2048bit. Apparently Java 5 does support 4096bit keys.

The NW7.0 is only supported on Java 1.4.2, however the eSourcing application is compatable with Java 5. My question is whether there is some way I can configure a deployed application on the NW7.0 AS Java system to use a different JVM (ie so NW will run on the 1.4.2 JVM but the eSourcing application will run on the 5.0 JVM)

Alternatively, is there anything that can be done to make NW7.0 AS Java run on JVM 5.0? For example, can I install JVM5.0 and add some switches that will make NW run in this JVM as a 1.4.2 application - this should allow NW to run correctly as a 1.4.2 application but would also allow the eSourcing application to access the Java keystore using the patched JVM code introduced in JVM 5.0

Thanks everyone for your assistance.

Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm sorry for you but I don't think this is possible. Netweaver has a strong dependency with the Java VM. This is why it still uses the completely obsolete 1.4 VM.

I think the only possible way would be to upgrade to Netweaver 7.1 if it is possible for your application.

Regards;

Olivier