cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about SRM PO in Classic scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I have a number of questions about the SRM PO in classic scenario.

1) If the Backend PO is changed in ECC i.e. if any quantity is added , can we have an approval workflow

for the same?

We currently have release strategies for other PO's in ECC. How do we accommodate the PO changes only?

Our requirement is not have an approval initially once the PO is created, but only for the changes

2) If the PO is sent as XML to the Vendor, is it possible to capture the PO response in ECC? What are the Pre-requisites

for this to happen. Should SAP XI be required for this?

3) In case the PO is cancelled/ reduced , does the Balance goes back to SRM sourcing cockpit?

We are using SRM 7.0

Regards

Kedar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) If the Backend PO is changed in ECC i.e. if any quantity is added , can we have an approval workflow

for the same?

We currently have release strategies for other PO's in ECC. How do we accommodate the PO changes only?

Our requirement is not have an approval initially once the PO is created, but only for the changes.

A1 )i believe you want auto PO no workflow required for approval and it has been sent to vendor without any buyer /manager intervention to vendor.

Remind one thing :- you can not increase the quantity since your request is 5 qty and PO created for 5 Qty .

if you increase qty 8 .. it is custome development required to fill this gap.

3) In case the PO is cancelled/ reduced , does the Balance goes back to SRM sourcing cockpit?

A3) If PO has been deleted / quantity reduced (mismatch between SRM and ECC ) so you get status job updates in SRM so not balance between SRM and ECC qty sourcing flag set and remaining quantity needs to be procured so it will be available qty in the cockpit for that sc item,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for the same?

Our requirement is not have an approval initially once the PO is created, but only for the changes

Sol: In ECC6.0 if the P.O is changed and release strategy is there in ECC6.0 then it follows the ECC6.0 Approval Route.

2) If the PO is sent as XML to the Vendor, is it possible to capture the PO response in ECC? What are the Pre-requisites

for this to happen. Should SAP XI be required for this?

XI is mandatory

3) In case the PO is cancelled/ reduced , does the Balance goes back to SRM sourcing cockpit.

Once P.O is created in ECC 6.0 for the P.R in Sourcing Cockpit, cancelling/reduction will not have a updation in the sourcing cockpit in SRM.

Eg 100 nos P.R is in SRM sourcing cockpit for which you have createdaa P.O for 40 nos is ECC6.0

for the remaining 60 nos PR ,you can create a P.O in ECC6.0

Regards

Ganesh

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) ERP PO change approval can be handled in ERP MM side.

2) PO response is available. XI is required to communicate external system or SUS or SNC.

3) Change version of PO should be created. I think it does not balance quantity in Sourcing cockpit side.

Regards,

Masa