cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP Provisions user to SAP successfully but gives "Auto-Provisioning" error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm getting an "auto-provisioning" error in CUP when a "Change Account" workflow is approved. The strange thing is, CUP does successfully provision the change to the SAP backend. Yet, the "New Account" provisions successfully without the error.

Here is an example of the audit trail log from Change Account:

Request submitted for approval by Dylan Hack(HACKDY) on 06/28/2010 17:14

Approved By Dylan Hack(HACKDY) Path AE_AUTO_APPROV_ERROR and Stage AE_AUTOPROV_ERR on 06/28/2010 17:14

Approved FI_xxxxx-DEV role for Add action with validity dates 06/28/2010-12/31/9999

Approved FI_xxxxx-DEV role for Add action with validity dates 06/28/2010-12/31/9999

Auto provisioned for request on 06/28/2010 17:14

User Provisioning failed for System(s) : DEV. Error Message :

Role: FI_xxxxx assigned to user: testngin in System(s): DEV.

Request submitted for reroute by system on 06/28/2010 17:14 due to auto provisioning failure

Rerouted in the Path : AE_AUTO_APPROV_ERROR and Stage : AE_AUTOPROV_ERR to Path : AE_AUTO_APPROV_ERROR and Stage : AE_AUTOPROV_ERR

Note: the role names were replaced with "xxxxxxx."

The system log gives an error, but it is very vague:

2010-06-28 17:14:34,682 [SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_33] ERROR com.virsa.ae.service.ServiceException

com.virsa.ae.service.ServiceException

at com.virsa.ae.service.sap.SAPProvisionDAO.intializeWithChangeUserInputParameters(SAPProvisionDAO.java:762)

at com.virsa.ae.service.sap.SAPProvisionDAO.changeUser(SAPProvisionDAO.java:3457)

at com.virsa.ae.service.sap.SAPProvisionDAO.changeUser(SAPProvisionDAO.java:3419)

Any ideas or suggestions?

Current software level AC5.3 SP12.

-Dylan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dylan,

Are you provisioning User Defaults as well? If you are can you check if all the parameters defined in the user default got provisioned in SU01 correctly? Additionally, are you have compatible RTA installed in the backend? I mean VIRSANH & VIRSAHR SP12?

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Varun,

Thanks for the thought on this. We don't use User Defaults for Change Account, but do for New Account. You question prompted me to do more testing with very interesting results.

Results

New Account with User Defaults configured:

User provisioned successfully, no Auto-Provision error, Defaults NOT provisioned.

New Account without User Defaults configured:

User provisioned successfully, no Auto-Provision error.

Change Account with User Defaults configured:

User provisioned successfully, no Auto-Provision error, Defaults NOT provisioned.

Change Account without User Defaults configured:

User provisioned successfully, Auto-Provision ERROR, Defaults NOT provisioned.

In both New and Change Account, the configured User Defaults are NOT provisioned even though the user is provisioned. AC5.3 is on SP12, the RTA is VIRSANH SP12 and VIRSAHR SP10.

For the Change Account, the user is always provisioned regardless of User Defaults; however, when no User Default is configured, the Auto-Provisioning error occurs. The User Defaults NOT provisioning is a real problem, the CUP error message, I can work around for now.

What about on your side? Am I the only guy using SP12 here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dylan,

Thats really interesting. I do not have SP12 installed right now, but was going to have that installed. Looking the issues coming for SP12, id rather not put it. For this issue, id say you get in touch with GRC support and create a message under component GRC-SAC-SAE

Regards, Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Varun,

Thanks for the reply, I've opened a message with SAP for this issue. I'll post a response once I get one from SAP. I feel a little bit all alone though on this SP12 implementation, hopefully a common support group will grow!

-Dylan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've managed to get the User Defaults to pass once again from CUP to SAP per a recommendation from SAP. They suggested that I add the USER_DEFAULTS action to the New Account and Change Account actions in Configuration --> Request Types. This worked but why it was not originally there, I do not know.

SAP is still looking into the "Auto-Provision error" which still happens if there is no user defaults set for the workflow, inactive defaults or deleted defaults in CUP.

-Dylan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dylan,

I am sure you will see more issues. I do not recommend customers to move to the latest SP till all the bugs are identified. Now, this bug will be fixed in Patch 1 and so on.......

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alpesh,

I know, I know... But the problem is that there were some bugs for CUP & ERM fixed in SP11 that I needed. Then SP11 caused a "Any One Approver" problem but was fixed in SP11.1. Well, as it turns out, 11.1 fixed my "Any One Approver" problem but caused some serious problems with loading roles in ERM. SP12 "supposedly" fixed them but has now caused me more problems in ERM and CUP.

It's rather ridiculous to have such fundamental problems by the time we get to number "SP12." Then, I have to try explain this stuff to customers...

If SAP support could fix the problems without introducing new ones, I'd be the happiest guy on earth! -Dylan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I received a reply from SAP that the remaining issue of "Auto-provision error" when there is no corresponding user default assignment is, for now, to make sure user default for the workflow exists. The problem is known and will be addressed in the next SP.

For now, I've created a "dummy" empty user default name with no specific defaults to be assigned.

Closing this thread, over and out. Thanks for all the responses. -Dylan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dylan,

I couldn't agree more. I am just surprised to see that as soon as we implement new SP, the simple/fundamental feature of the product stops working. We did exactly same upgrades at my current client and finally the client gave up and don't want to upgrade anymore. We are at SP 10.1 right now and it seems we will stay here for next 6 months or more.

Alpesh