cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Availability for Multi-level 1 WBSs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

It seems there are a lot of threads about budget availability and help documentation, but I have not been able to determine an answer to my question.

My simple scenario - I have 3 level 1 WBS's with each having lower level WBS's.

I set a budget at $5000.00 for each level 1.

In summary, my overall budget is $15,000, but at each level 1 I only have $5000.00

AVAC is set for every WBS.

My expectation - If Actuals are posted at the lowest level WBS, they are limited to their parent(Level 1) budget which is $5000

Also, in the same manner, if credits are applied to the lowest level it's only available to it's parent(Level 1) and is NOT available to other Level 1 hierarchies or overall.

Unfortunatley I am seeing overall budgeting from the project definition level. Actuals and Credits are being applied to the overall availability budget of the project. This results in overspending and overbudget for each level 1 hierarchy.

Please advise if there is any way to control budgeting at each Level 1 and not the Overall project?

Thank you.

Edited by: Alex Capicio on Jun 29, 2010 12:00 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

As Sridhar mentioned , kindly set the status to RELEASE (REL).

This will activate AVAC.

Hope this helps.

Sridharnekkanti
Active Participant
0 Kudos

long back i faced the same problem. Presently i am not working on ps module. I have to recollect the things. Check the status profile management. Check the system status is activated at WBS element or not.

Hope these things helpful to resolve this issue.