cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP Password Generation Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey All,

We're trying to adopt CUP to several differnet systems and wanted to customize our password generated emails. After finding out that this isn't really possible. (Other than changing XML lines, which we can't seem to put enough text in it)

So, we'd like to instead issue our new users with a default password of our choosing. (Instead of an auto generated one) Is this possible? If so, what system would the change be made in?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think there are many choices here. You can turn on the manual provisioning and keep the last stage as security. So the request always comes to security team and they can type in the default password right before provisioning the user to SAP system.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alpesh,

It's looking like that is going to have to be our option. But, where can I set that up? - in the CUP approval process, or on the R/3 side in SU01? If itu2019s in the CUP approval, then where would I find it?

Thanks,

-Joe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to configuration -> worflow -> autoprovisioning -> Auto provisioning type and change the option to 'Manual provisioning with Auto password generation'.

Regards,

Alpesh

Answers (0)