cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change RPM Item Type after Item creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a requirement where RPM Item Type needs to be changed for an Item after it is created.

Using the Override in SPRO we can enable field for change. But it does not really change all Decision points etc. I think it would not happen since ITem type drives everything once the item is created.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Also, any other alternatives for this requirement besides starting all over again to create the Item?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sadiq786
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jonatan,

From your first Reply you mentioned this configuration:

- Make settings for process flow in the path: SAP Portfolio and Project Management > Portfolio Management > Global Customizing > Portfolio-Independent Settings > Process Flow for Items > Make Settings for the status mapping for itens

I did not find this for Items, but It is there only for the initiatives. Please find the below screenshot.

Let me know if you are talking about the same or it is also there for Item types as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1 - Map the permitted item types in the path: SAP Portfolio and Project Management > Portfolio Management > Global Customizing > Portfolio-Independent Settings > Define Portfolio Item Types

Select an item type, a decision point and then set the permitted item types for switch to.

2 - Make settings for process flow in the path: SAP Portfolio and Project Management > Portfolio Management > Global Customizing > Portfolio-Independent Settings > Process Flow for Items > Make Settings for the status mapping for itens

3 - In the portfolio item click in the "Change Process" yellow button.

3.1 Chosse the item type

3.2 Select "Delete previous decision points"

3.3 Save

Best regards,

Jonatan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonatan,

I understand we can do this in the front end. Is there any FM that is linked to the "Change Process" that can be used in programs to change the Item Type.

Thanks.

former_member209919
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is a transaction you can change items on the back end. RPM_ITEM_DX, here you can try to complete the excell file with the item information changing the item type.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clara,

I have seen that  RPM_ITEM_DX allows to change portfolio item data. However,  the program does not allow to change item types? Do you have any suggestion to change item types?

Thanks,

CAMILO URIBE

Former Member
0 Kudos

As a part of the concept support available in PPM 5.0 I believe this is possible. Shown below is exerpt from the PPM 5.0 release notes

-

Concept Phase Support (New)

Use

As of SAP Portfolio and Project Management 5.0, support for the concept phase in the product

development process has been improved.

Process Change

In the early phases of product development, it is sometimes unclear what kind of project will develop out of

a new idea or concept. If you have chosen the Change Process pushbutton in the object details, you can do

the following:

􀁸 Change the item or initiative type that defines the phases in the project after the initial creation of a

portfolio object.

Rules in Customizing define which portfolio object type you can switch to. These possibilities to

switch can be restricted by the current decision point. The decision points and the decision point's

status of the portfolio object types are mapped.

􀁸 Decide whether previous decision points should be deleted or renamed (according to the mapping

in Customizing).

􀁸 Create a version of the object.

-

In v4.5 or below, since the decision points are created at the time of item creation by refering to item type, as far as I know it is not possible in standard.