cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI7.1 DIRECTORY - configuration wizard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm looking through many blogs, but I caanot find any solution for my following problem.

I've created in SLD new business system Integration_server_VPI built on our technical system.

In the same time I have created new business system BS_library_server which is server of our library system.

Also I've created new software component and product and put this into PI system.

Then I've done some interfaces in repository.

Now when I go into directory, I can see BS_library_server but I dont see Integration_server_VPI.

Even I can put this name by hand into configuratution wizard, then I can see many "standard" interfaces but I dont see any from my SC.

please any advise? Probably it can be something with caches?

Thanks a lot for any help

Petr Hodbod

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Now when I go into directory, I can see BS_library_server but I dont see Integration_server_VPI.

You send messages from application system A to application system B.

It does not make sense to have a Business System for Integration server in Integration Directory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thaks for your answers.

today I will try to make cache opration.

The reason why I need this BS of PI system is that I'm usin file adapter to read/write data from/to PI filesystem with testing xml data to my scenarions, just to see if my mapping is correct.

After that I'm switching to other BS system as usual.

Thanks a lot

Petr

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> The reason why I need this BS of PI system is that I'm usin file adapter to read/write data from/to PI filesystem with testing xml data to my scenarions, just to see if my mapping is correct.

> After that I'm switching to other BS system as usual.

I recommend using a business service (business component) for this instead of a business system.

The business system representing the integration server should not even exist in ID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petr

The reason why I need this BS of PI system is that I'm usin file adapter to read/write data from/to PI filesystem with testing xml data to my scenarions, just to see if my mapping is correct.

Please follow the blog /people/venkat.donela/blog/2005/03/02/introduction-to-simplefile-xi-filescenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starterspart1

part 1 and 2 . it is a walk through , will be very useful if you are new to PI system.

Also there is no need to create Business system when you are doing any proof of concepts , you can create a business services which you can use for testing and later on once tested deleted if needed.

To connect to PI local directry to pick and place files , you can do that using simple file channel configuration.

I will try to make cache opration

ya that you can do , but for your scenario , that will not help.

Regard,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks a lot for your answers. I will try to use PI as BC. What is strange that I was using this in PI7.0 without any problem on some projects before.

I will change my scenario to use it as you mentioned.

Have a nice day

Petr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Petr Hodbod,

I've created in SLD new business system Integration_server_VPI built on *our technical system*.

Is the technical system for PI system on which you are presently working!!,or another PI or SAP/non-sap system.I am asking this because, during installation of PI one technical system with name integration server is created And it is for the Pi system which we work on , so no need to create a BS integrationserver for that technical system as we will not use it in any scenarios.

correct me if my understanding is wrong...

if its not the case .. then try deleting the BS Integration_server_VPI and create again a new BS for your technical system giving a different name this time other than Integration_server_VPI.. see if it comes in the ID import from SLD option.

I am sure it will come :)...

Regards,

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Hi Petr,

If it's not a production system, do the CPA Cache:

Try the cache refresh with the link:

http://host:j2eeport/CPACache/refresh?mode=full

http://host:j2eeport/CPACache/monitor.jsp

- In Integration Repository/Directory go to menu Environment ->

Clear SLD Data Cache

- In R/3 go to transaction SXI_CACHE -> menu XI Runtime Cache -> Start

Complete Cache Refresh

Let us know if helped.

Regards,

Caio Cagnani

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goto ID -> Menu -> Environment -> Clear SLD Data Cache. Then try again.

Regards,

Prateek