cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Managed system R/3 4.6C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to setup SAP R/3 4.6C systems in my solution manager system which is on SP21 on EhPH1?

I have 5 R/3 4.6C systems that need to be setup and have looked at note 1010428 for the systems which can be setup for SP21.

Is there a workaround for this?

Regards

Stephen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In note 907768 you can see the details about ChaRM support of R3 4.6C systems. The note is veeery very long, but I assure you the information is all there

In short, 4.6C systems can be ChaRM target systems, but cannot be TMS domain controllers of a ChaRM system landscape.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answers.

My problem now is that when I select the system during Diagnostics Configuration it is looking for an ITS port number and server name. For my systems and there landscapes there are no available ITS servers or association, as these are the landscapes running on SAP 4.6C.

Is there a workaround for this, note my solution manager system is at SP21.

Thanks

Stephen

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

although you can connect 4.6 systems to SAP Solution Manager and utilize some of the features, I think SAP has already stopped supporting 4.6 systems. In any case, it will be advisable to move ahead and upgrade your system.

Rajeev

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen,

SAP R/3 4.6C is not listed in SAP Note 1010428, there for it is not supported for E2E DIagnostics.

However it can still be included in your system landscape, and supports Service Tools via ST-A/PI, so EWA, SLR , ST14, RTCCTOOL, etc is available. So yes you can connect it to Solution Manager, just not End to End Diagnostics, as per SAP Note

1010428. Also refer to SAP Note 69455.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Paul