cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wily host agent issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an ongoing issue regarding setting up managed systems in Solution Manager.

My solman system is SP21 and everytime I go to setup a system via Managed System Configuration --> Diagnostics Configuration. I get the same error no matter what the managed system is. The latest version of the ISAgent has been installed via SDM and LMService is up to date. I have stopped and restarted the agents in order to try resolve this but this did not work. I have searched through the forum but have yet to come up with a solution, could this be a bug with SP21?

The error below is what I see during this step:

" Wilyhost Agent configuration finished without errors, but on Enterprise Manager (chsmpci.cbapps.int:6001) no Wilyhost Agent was detected from host cbppici. Please check the log file jvm_smdagent.out whether the Wilyhost Agent could connect to the Enterprise Manager. If the Enterprise Manager configuration has been changed recently please restart the SMD Agent on OS level.

Step Wilyhost Agent Details

Created destination PPI|cb102p29_PPI_11

Created destination SapHostAgent_cb102p29

Created destination SapStartSrv_cb102p29_PPI_11

Created action PPI - PPI AbapSystem

Created action PPI|cb102p29_PPI_11 - PPI|cb102p29_PPI_11 AbapInstance

Created action SAP OsCol - SapHostAgent_cb102p29

Created action PPI|cb102p29_PPI_11 - SapStartSrv_cb102p29_PPI_11

Created 4 action(s).

0 Wilyhost Agent(s) from host cbppici are connected to the EM.

Wilyhost Agent configuration finished without errors, but on Enterprise Manager (chsmpci.cbapps.int:6001) no Wilyhost Agent was detected from host cbppici. Please check the log file jvm_smdagent.out whether the Wilyhost Agent could connect to the Enterprise Manager. If the Enterprise Manager configuration has been changed recently please restart the SMD Agent on OS level. "

Could you help me on this issue as it is holding the project up.

Thanks

Stephen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mateus_pedroso
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Firstly ensure that you're using the same version of ISAGENT and Enterprise Manager to avoid inconsistencies.

Please, follow these steps below and post the results to check if Enterprise Manager is properly configured in this section.

Go to solman_workcenter => Root Cause Analysis => Diagnostics Setup => Diagnostics System => Advanced Setup => Wily

Check if you can see a green status here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a green light and I can connect to wily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you still have this issue ?

Best regards

P. Cuennet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

Yes I still have this issue, it has been going on a while and I need to find a solution to this.

Regards

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sdingle9,

Which user and pwd do you use to connect to Wily Enterprise Manager ?

Questions regarding 2 files :

users.xml and domains.xml

Which users do you have in /usr/sap/ccms/wilyintroscope/config/users.xml file ?

By default, you should have ADMIN and Guest.

Best regards

Pascal Cuennet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pascal,

I have users Admin and Guest as default users in file users.xml and in the file domain.xml I have the following information:

<grant user="Admin" permission="read"/>

<grant user="Admin" permission="run_tracer"/>

<grant user="Admin" permission="live_agent_control"/>

<grant user="Admin" permission="historical_agent_control"/>

<grant user="Guest" permission="read"/>

<grant user="sapsupport" permission="full"/>

Regards

Stephen