cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printing continuous form on Line Printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

I want to print Delivery receipts on a 8.5" x 12.5" continuous form on Printronix P7005 printer.

However what happens is that my first page prints correctly, but the second page comes too "early"

and prints right before the first perforation (dotted lines). Supposedly the second page should start AFTER the perforation.

I thought this was a problem of form length, since the printer appears to "think" that the form is shorter than 8.5" since it starts printing prematurely.

I have been reading the user manual of the printer and I first attempted to change the form length on the printer itself. However after printing and checking the settings again, I see that the setting reverts to the original 8.0". I have found this snippet from the user manual:

Forms length can also be set by the operator panel. The control code forms length setting from the host computer will override the operator panel setting. However, if the VFU is enabled and loaded, this command is ignored.

It seems SAP always overrides the printer setting. Is there anyway to know how to see that SAP setting, and hopefully set it to 8.5"?

Thank you very much!

-Mozart

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the replies. I have solved the issue by going into Printer Initialization in SPAD, and modifying the printer codes in there. It is printer dependent although, there is a part where page length is inputted in the code. Simply convert the page length of the printer to lines per inch (it is 6 lines per inch for default) then change the code in Printer Initialization as needed. In my case it was 47 lines.

Hope this helps!

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Pawan implies, this would seem to be a page length problem in your form design....the size you've described is not letter,

and therefore would require a custom form definition. Have you considered inserting the command for top of page, perhaps

with new-page between iterations of your loop (or at the end of a single printout)?

Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the page format you are using in sapscript/smartform?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a custom page format called ZDELREC with dimensions 8.5" x 12.5". I have assigned this to my output device ZPRINTRONIX wtih output type YPTP7000. I have assigned ZDELREC to YPTYP7000 as a page format too.

I have tried increasing the page length but to no avail. It still produces the same output.

The way the program generates pages is 1 page = 1 spool request. Do you think this affects the printout?

Should I find a way to make it 1 spool request = multiple pages?

Would you have any idea?

Thank you

Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you need to put code in 'Printer Initialization' section of format type to set page length on printer.

Goto SPAD, full authorisation, Device type.

Open the device type, hit 'Format button' open format type. In initialization section set page length.

ref this blog http://sample-code-abap.blogspot.com/2009/05/creating-custom-page-format-for.html