cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make messagearea show up at the bottom of a page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

By default, the messagearea always show up at the top of the page. How can I make it to show up at the bottom instead/?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Place "MessageArea" UI element at the bottom of the view and all your messages will be shown below.

Thanks

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your responses.

It turns out my problem was I have a viewContainerUIElement that holds all the views. On that page the MessageArea was placed on the top, so doesn't matter where I put the MessageArea in those individual views, it always show up at the top.

Now I simply move the MessageArea on the ViewContainerUIElement page to the bottom, all pages will have the message show up at the bottom. Or I can completely remove this one and have the individual page control where it should be.

Lesson learned, the MessageArea you think you are using may not be the one that is actually being used.

Thanks again.

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Message area UI Element will shown based on possitioned in view. If you put in top, middle or bottom then it will show on top, middle or bottom accordingly.

Please have a look at this document - [Click Here - UI Elements|http://www.edv-buchversand.de/productinfo.php?replace=false&cnt=productinfo&mode=2&type=2&id=gp-092&index=2&nr=0&sid=147cb29632140d700dc36a8b63b4bd46&preload=false]

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

By default MessageArea shows messages at the bottom of the page, I don't know which version you are talking about that shows messages at the top by default.

If you want to show your messages at the bottom, try removing the MessageArea from your view or place it at the bottom of the page.

Regards,

Jawed Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was the first thing I did. However, the messages still show up at the top regradless. I don't know why. Looks like WDJ simply ignores where you put the messagearea UI element.

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

try using the MessageManager API to print messages without messagearea UI. it will display at the bottom of the page.

EG:

wdComponentAPI().getMessageManager().reportSuccess("<message>");

wdComponentAPI().getMessageManager().reportWarning("<message>");

wdComponentAPI().getMessageManager().reportException("<message>");

Regards,

Poojith MV