cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with Drop -down UI elements in my HCM PF Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing some error with Drop -down UI elements in my HCM PF Form. I have some 2-3 DD elements, which are not binded to any backend field, so i am specifying their values in the UI Properties itself.

I am able to see my drop-down list values when the form first displays initally. On selecting the values from drop down, when i click on 'Check and Send' button, the form refreshes itself, and all the drop down values dissappear, along with the selected value.

Can anyone tell me if i am missing anything here ? Do i need to define my DropDOwn field in the Generic Service of HCM PF and then Bind it in the form ?

Any inputs on this would be welcome !

Thanks in advance,

Aditi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds like your DD's as you say are not bound to any field (ie. not part of the ISR context). Therefore, when you "check and send", you are really sending the form back through the ISR framework to the backend and back to you again. Since your fields are NOT bound to the ISR/backend context, the values you choose as user input are not being persisted and the form simply "resets" them again. You need to define them in your "fields" config for HCM P&F, update your ISR context to match it, then bind your DDs to that field (even if you are setting their properties in the front end via UI settings or scripts).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chris..that was really helpful.

Regards,

Aditi

raja_narayanan2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

Am also having the same issue like when am testing the process and clicking on check button, my do_operation method is called and the table SERVICE_DATASETS is getting updated. I am getting success message and all the fields are getting cleared. But when am clicking on second time the CHECK button am getting error's, because of the fields getting cleared in the screen.

But after executing the process all the fields getting refreshed. Even what ever values I have entered that too is getting cleared. I have debugged and not able to figure it out why its getting cleared.

I have activated the ISR context mapping and activated the Adobe Form too. I dont know where am going wrong.

I will be doing the context mapping for ISR via IMG path by clicking the "Compare Form Fields button" also using Tcode HRASR_DT also i have tried.But the form is consistent.

Do we have any note or patches regarding this issue.

Please help me out form this as i could not process further in my development.

Thanks & Regards,

Raja

raja_narayanan2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This issue has been resolved...

As i have called the SAP_PA service in the second sequence after my Custom Back-end service has been called. The standard SAP_PA service clear the value set in the drop-down what we have entered is getting cleared. so what I have done calling the custom back-end service one more time after calling the standard SAP_PA service. that solves my issue.... 🙂

Regards,

Raja