cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changes not saved in any transport...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a basic question and I tried to search in the forum and google but could not find any answers. Help is appreciated.

There is an existing message mapping in PI 7.1 and I changed the assignment of two nodes. I saved and activated the change list.

But there was no prompt for a transport !! So my question is how and where will my change be saved in the DEV system which will then be transported to QA.

Any settings to be done by the BASIS / ADMIN ? Pl advise.

thnks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If You go to tool and Export Transport, select your SWCV and put transport using File System then continue.

Select Object --> individual objects and the use the icon individual object that is the hand with the '?'...you can see your object to transport....

But i recommend you that if you dont see in your list of transport, selecting all the alternatives....you have to report BASIS

regards,

lpbuff

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like this will work...

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I saved and activated the change list.

But there was no prompt for a transport

Is it first time you are performing any such change? Have you earlier ever notices such thing?

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.. Actually I did not develop this interface and I just need to change some of the mappings and probably add some more nodes etc. I am more of a beginner to this.

What is the default behaviour ? Like ECC, doesn't XI / PI prompt for the transport when you make a change ?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

No.

Like ECC it will not prompt you for transports.

What you need to do is follow all the steps given by lpbuff.

Then it will create one file. As you are using PI 7.1 it will ask you if you want to save it on client or server.

IF yo9u will say client it will save on your computer from where you can read the same file while importing it from QA.

IF you will say on server then your Basis team will be able to access it and transport it to QA and you will be able to import it from QA.

Thanks,

Hetal

Edited by: hetal shah on Jun 28, 2010 7:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think I have done it correctly but its a bit different from what you are saying...

From Tools menu I chose Export Design objects and then it chose the S/w component that I was

modifying and There were 2 modes, Transport using CTS and Transport using file system and I chose CTS.

In next step of the wizard I chose " All objects of the SW component...." and then in next it created

me a transport request and then it was done. I could see a preview of the different objects

that were included in that transport.

I could see this transprt created thru menu option, Tools --> Open CTS...

Is that all ?? So once I am done and release this transport, it will be movied to QA right ?

Just want to make sure I dont mess up the existing set up !!

thanks