cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing control indicators for reference characteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have one characteristic made in reference to a class characteristic that has to be used in several inspection plans. Problem is this characteristic needs to have different sampling procedures in different plans ( Eg, For some material 10% sampl;ing, for some using scheme, for others fixed sample).

When I attach the MIC to inspection plan, I am not being able to change the control indicators. As per my knowledge, it is not possible to change for reference characteristics.

But Is there any way out? otherwise we have to make several characteristics with same control indicators, only difference will be sampling procedure to be followed. We can make different versions but then user has to remember always which one is to use.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will assign the sampling procedures against the insp. char in insp.plan/task list. I dont think you will not get any issues in doing this. If your question is changing the spec limit / control indicators (if they are diff from the control indicators maintained in the MIC), for refer. char, you need to break the link. You can see unlock sysmbol, select the insp.char and click on the un lock sysmbol, it will break the ref., then you can maintain the control indicators specific to the task list.

Thanks,

Ram

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I guess my question was incomplete. Two concerns I am facing:

1. I can definitely change sampling procedures in inspection plan. but when my plan doesnt need a sampling procedure, then what to do? System wont let me proceed unless a procedure is assigned.

2. If i break the link, then its not now in reference to class characteristic. Will results be copied to batch from lot then?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks. Its serving the purpose.

former_member224727
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Why are you not using incomplete copy model kind of MIC instead of ref one?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure why you can't change the sampling procedure. The MIC control indicators only detemine if a sampling procedure is required or not. It doesn't determine the actual sampling procedure. Your sampling procedure should be determined in the inspection plan.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

if your difficulty is change in sampling procedure than you can always change the sampling procedure in inspection plans its editable for reference characteristics.

also you can unlock the MIC , select the line item of MIC go to menu bar EDIT-->UNLOCK MIC.

hope this helps.

regards

satish