cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third party Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

I am just testing third party scenario without MM transactions.

I have created one Trading sales order with item cat as TAS, wherein schedule line is CS. And a PR was raised automatically. (Now the goods will be procured and sent directly to the customer by MM.) As I know next step in sales is doing billing. But when I am doing the billing I am getting the following error. " No open billing quantity has been determined ".

My doubt is that is there any mandatory that unless and until MM has completed their steps, we cannot do the billing? If so where is that control, and what are the steps in MM?

Friendly

Ratna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This error is b'coz Billing Relevance of setting in your I Cat.

Necessity of the MM steps is based on your business requirement.

If you don't want that maintain any other Billing Relevance setting based on your requirement

Else

Service TP Sales:

VA01 - ME21N (creation of PO with reference to PR in Sales order) - MIRO - VF01

or

Delv based TP Sales:

VA01 - ME21N (creation of PO with reference to PR in Sales order) - MIGO - MIRO - VF01

Hope it can assist you.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In third party scenario, once the quantity is delivered by the vendor to customer, the vendor submit invoice (which carries details on exact quantity delivered), which is posted by accounting. Once this account posting is completed, then customer invoice can be created by the system.

The relevant setting is controlled by the third party item category in t.code VOV7. The billing relevance field of the item category should be set as F-Order-related billing doc. - status according to invoice qty.

Also the copy control settings (from third party sales order to billing document) in transaction code VTFA, for third party item, the billing quantity field needs to be set as F-Invoice receipt quantity less invoiced quantity

Regards,