cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ent SAP Service missing in SOAMANAGER web UI service Search

JuanJanse
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All, i hope someone might know. I have deployed http://sap.com/xi/IS-H/Global2 onto our PI system and activated all the Ent Services in abap backend. I checked in the SPROXY that all the services are there and in green state.

After i execute SOAMANGER and navigate to the single service administration and search for PatientERPCreatedNotification_In the service is not displayed. Is there some setting i need .. ie to generate a wsdl configuration before it will be available in SOAMANAGER to do the endpoint configuration?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Where are you launching SOAMANAGER from (Abap backend or PI)? How are you doing your search (external name, internal name or both)?

If they were not appearing in SPROXY I would have suggested to activate them in TCode SICF...But this can be your last option, i.e. de-activating them & then re-activating them in SICF: sap --> bc --> srt --> xip --> sap in the Abap backend.

Regards, Trevor

JuanJanse
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

Just a quick recap on what has been.

1) On the PI sys i have imported the SC delivered from SAP for ISH 640.

2) I have connected the ABAP system to the PI as in SXMB_AD.

3) If i execute sproxy on the ABAP side i get all the SC deployed on the PI system in the List.

If open the namesapce for the SC ISH i see all the interfaces.

I then created a config scenario in pi and tested the config.

Messages were sent OK nno issue.

4)What i would like to do now is consume the inBound Service directly from a CAF app. To do this i need the service to be published to the Service Repo. To do this i need to first config the end points in SOAMANAGER.

So after executing the SOAMANAGER in the ABAP system i get the Web UI running on the ABAP side. After searching for the service it is then not displayed ... infact only a few of the services are displayed. eg there are about 20 or so interfaces but i only see about 5 or 6.

One note is that if i go to SPROXY and open one of the services that i do find in SOAMAN i noticed that there i can view under the wsdl tab a url. On the services that donu2019t exist in SOAMAN there is a wsdl but no URL.

Thanks for your input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you say ABAP system you mean ECC (or ERP) backend, right?

Please activate service also from the path mention by Trevor in previous post on ECC backend, just make sure your ECC backend is also on correct Ehp.

If you won't find service then probably service don't exist and only definition exist. or you are looking at wrong place with wrong parameter.

Just double check and let us know.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

What you need to do in this case is check the mode (i.e. Sync or Async) of the services you're looking for. Only sync one's will appear in SOAMANAGER & SICF. SPROXY will display ALL services irrespective of mode...

Regards, Trevor

JuanJanse
Participant
0 Kudos

HI all,i dont have access to the system right now. Ill check the system in a few hours and post back as noted in the 2 post

Thanks

JuanJanse
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

On the backend SAP abap sproxy these are the 2 SI provided and implemented by SAP.

SI Interfaces PatientERPCreatedInformation_Out, PatientERPCreatedNotification_In

SAP backend is ECC6 ehp4 and includes SAPK-60410INISH.

@Trevor Naidoo

1) TCode SICF sap --> bc --> srt --> xip --> sap after looking here .. i was expecting to see the service interfaces displayed in sproxy but only found some other webservices like

Web Service ECC_BUSINESSDOCFLOWERP002QR

Web Service ECC_CUSTOMERCONTACTPERSONCNCRC

Web Service FINB_BPIC_ASSMNT_CHGRC

1. de-activating them & then re-activating them : This has been done now.

@Gourav Khare

If you won't find service then probably service don't exist and only definition exist.

Perhaps im missing the boat on this. As far as I know: After you install the ECC6 and the ISH module and then the EHP4 where EHP4 includes the Enterprise services and implementation. The services are ready for end point configuration and then possible publish to the SR.

I would really appreciate any link or document that explains this area. Something like how to publish and expose SAP enterprise services. Please i have of course looked on help.sap.com and have read the documentation that explains ABAP and web services (RFC, BAPI,BADI ect). Im guessing that sproxy is only if you want to call the service via PI(SOAP >pi(abap proxy))

I would like to to call the ABAP web service(ES delivered with ISH ehp4).

Thanks again for all your input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

PatientERPCreatedInformation_Out and PatientERPCreatedNotification_In is async service so you wont find it in SICF or SOAMANAGER.

For async service you need PI or any middleware, outbound service will be triggered by SAP transaction or ABAP report and mapped to inbound interface in PI.

I hope this answer your question.

Regards,

Gourav

Ps: green in sproxy means proxy is created and activated, it doesn't necessarily implemented.

JuanJanse
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to both posts. It really helped me understand this area.

The reason for my miss understanding i guess. All documents from SAP that talk about C27.2

1) Upgrade to EHp4 (Ish ES included) activate the services in backend

2) Install new Ce7.2

I could consume at this point as RFC or WS u2013 preferred or ESR

3) Consume the ES in CAF/ BPM / WDP

4) Deploy app to Ce7.2

5) Done

This would be done with no PI only ESR on Ce7.2.

I assumed that if the ISH ehp4 included these ES on the backend one would be able to at least use the Inbound SI to send a request to SAP Backend and all that needed to be done after would be to publish to SR and consume in CAF/BPMn ect.

If I understand now correctly based on above posts is that if i wanted to do a scenario as above i would still need PI as middle ware because the interfaces are asynch?

Please note I have already awarded points and donu2019t expect any reply as the post is marked as answered. If you have more info and can post it here that would be really appreciated

Edited by: Juan Janse on Jun 30, 2010 8:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

>I assumed that if the ISH ehp4 included these ES on the backend one would be able to at least use the Inbound SI to send a request to SAP Backend and all that needed to be done after would be to publish to SR and consume in CAF/BPMn ect.

Sync services (actual webservice) can be called (over http) from any application which can understand SOAP (without any help from middleware).

If you look into inbound interface and if it is sync and implemented then any application can call it after it is configured using SOAMANAGER.

Async inbound interface on other hand will consume output of outbound interface and with the help of PI delivered to the target application.

I am unable to find detail information about said interfaces so unable to look at it in detail but i already mention the thumb rule for such scenarios.

Regards,

Gourav

JuanJanse
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to all for you time and posts.

Answers (0)