cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Module characterset problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I wrote and deployed a module in PI but when I pass values like Ş Ç Ö to the module they get converted wrong. Like BÃœYÃœK MÃœKELL and the output is wrong.

Can anybody help?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which adapter are you using? What is type of your input message? Have you tried using MessageTransformBean?

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My adapter is SOAP adapter. I didn't tried messagetransformbean? what does the messagetransformbean do?

Input message is XML

Edited by: Chris027 on Jun 28, 2010 4:52 PM

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As it is soap, I believe it is module at receiver side. As per SAP Note 856597, try using this module parameter XMBWS.XMLEncoding.

Q: What character encoding is supported by the SOAP receiver adapter?

A: The SOAP receiver adapter can use any character encoding supported by the local JDK. The request message from the SOAP receiver is normally encoded in UTF-8. If you want to change this encoding, for instance to iso-8859-1, you can set parameter XMBWS.XMLEncoding to iso-8859-1 in the module configuration for the SOAP adapter module. This setting is for the outgoing SOAP message and has no effect on the incoming SOAP message. For the incoming SOAP message, any code page supported by the local JDK is accepted.

Regards,

Prateek

Answers (0)