cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Java Web Dynpro going to be scrapped in future?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

This is a general question and nothing related to technical stuff on Java Web Dynpro.

As indicated in my subject line, my question is "Is Java Web Dynpro going to be scrapped in future by SAP?" . My question arose due to rumors that Java Web Dynpro will be dead in near future.

Will more preference will be given to ABAP Web Dynpro? For general Composite applications, will SAP push for ABAP web dynpro rather than Java Web Dynpro? Will Java web dynpro will be confined to applications like MDM, ESS and MSS? or rather will Java be confined to Portal only? Will it be wise to move forward with Java Web Dynpro in future if we see at career perspective?

Thanks and Regards,

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pradyut_sarma
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Gopal,

Maybe the following thread which discusses the same topic, would help you come to a conclusion.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Pradyut.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradyut,

I had already see the thread. I am not at all convinced by the answers presented there. There are even rumors that SAP Business By Design (ByD) screen which was on java Web Dynpro is going to be shifted to Flex.

And somebody was mocking on ABAP Web Dynpro running on Mobile. I bet SAP is working on that also. Soon you will be able to see ABAP Web Dynpro screens running on Mobile.

Can somebody give a solid answer to my question? Problem is if one continue on Java Web Dynpro and it dies down then one cannot move to normal Java Stream also as now all the companies do not just want Core Java with strong OOP base but with all other framework like JPA, Hibernate etc.

Best Regards,

Gopal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

please have a look to the other thread - I added some comments regarding Web Dynpro for Java.

Best regards

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jochen for building my confidence with clear cut answer.

Answers (0)