Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Serious problem with data selection for chart (Excel XML maps in use)

Hello experts,

since this morning I have the following problem in XCelsius:

I want to select data cells for a column chart. After selecting the range in Excel grid and clicking OK I see text (several ranges in other sheets) running like a ticker in the selection field box for a few seconds. Finally no value is stored in the chart properties. Same effect with a combobox data label list.

Do you have any idea about that?

I'm using XCelsius Engage 2008 SP3 (5.3.0.0, Build 12,3,0,670) in a Vista VMWare environment, also Office 2003 and the Excel XML add-in.

I used a few times the import / export functionality of XCelsius to update my XML maps in Excel and re-import it.

One more information: when I open XCelsius (or also when I copy / paste Excel cells) I get a number of "System Error &H80004005" (I found some threads that this is a very general error), then I have to switch to Excel, stop the Debugger and close Visual Basic environment, after that XCelsius starts. I can work as usual except the problem described.

=> I have solved this by deactivating the XML add-in. The interesting thing is that I can still use XML map features.

I hope you can help me. Any ideas welcome ...

Thanks & regards

Markus

Edited by: Markus on Jun 30, 2010 3:25 PM

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question