cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO CTM 'early demand fulfillment' parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using CTM in APO 7.0.

I note that there are 3 different parameters for 'early demand fulfillment', as follows:

- within CTM global settings, there is option 'restrict early demand fulfillment', with parameters of 'order creation frame' and 'maximium earliness for planned orders'

- within CTM profile (supplies tab) there is parameter 'maximum earliness'

Can someone clarify the difference between these parameters?

Thanks...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The first one i.e. setting in global settings in IMG is for Demand Fulfillment and how much early a planned order can be.

Whereas the second one is for Early Fulfillment of Safety Stock. This is the value for maximum earliness of planned orders when building up safety stock.

Therefore, if there is no demand and system run is taken, then it will only consider the second setting fro safety stocks.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Datta,

Thanks for your quick response!

What is the difference between the 2 parameters in the CTM global settings ('order creation frame' and 'max earliness').

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Order creation frame refers to the earliest time allowed before the CTM run date for the order creation. This is a global setting and is independent of the Order Date.

Maximum Earliness on the contrary is dependent on the Order Date. For example if the Order Date is 1st July 2010. Maximum Earliness determines how early this order can be fulfilled. If we say 10 for Maximum Earliness, the order can be fulfilled by 21st June 2010 and not earlier than that. If the CTM is not able to fulfill based on this criteria it will push the order to Late Demand Fulfillment.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Mani Suresh

Answers (0)