cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specific UME Actions required for Deployement in CE 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to know how many and which UME action are required for deploying the application in CE 7.11

For deployement, we usually assign the UME Role called "Administrator" to the ID that we use for deployment.

If I remove this "Administrator" UME role, an error message is thrown as...

com.sap.ide.eclipse.deployer.api.APIException: DeployException,cause=ERROR CODE DPL.DCAPI.1023AuthorizationException

This "Administrator" UME role has some 2978 UME Actions assigned to it.

For the UME role "Administrator", inside the assigned UME actions, I have tried filtering the UME Actions based on the filter keyword "deploy", which returned some 14 UME actions.

Now, I have made following Test case and result.

Test Case:

1) Remove the Administrator Role from the ID that is used for deployement.

2) Now Assign all the above 14 UME actions that were found related to "deploy" keyword to a Custom UME role "DeployRole".

3) Deploy using the same id.

Result : Deployement fails with the same above mentioned error.

Conclusion: There can be 2 possible conclusions...

1) None of the above 14 UME actions provide the authorization for the deployment.

2) OR There are some other UME actions which might have some dependecies that are required along with the suspected UME actions.

In short my requirement here is, to find out the specific UME actions that are required for deployment, so that i can remove the "Administrator" UME role and assign the specific UME actions needed for deployment to a my Custom UME role, and assign this Custom UME role to the user ID for deployment.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you try just giving the following:

• deploy_action

• auth.all.all

• dc_action

• dc_offline_action

• Spml_Read_Action

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Nghia Nguyen...!

Thanks a lot for your reply, i have rewarded you the points.

I have found out that for deployment following UME actions are required.

dc_action (Mandatory)

auth.all.all (Mandatory)

deploy_action (Not Mandatory)--> if you remove this deploy_action UME action the deployment will still work, but in developer studio, the Deploy result dialog box with OK button, that pops every time after you deploy your project by right clicking your application and choosing "Deploy new Archive and Run" will cease to appear and the application will directly run in the browser.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Answers (0)