cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTR leaves many project files on the local machine... why?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have noticed that each project I create the DTR leaves the .classpath, .project files for java projects and many other folders for DynPro projects (such as the bin and gen_* folders) at home (meaning on my current machine). All it saves at the DTR itself are the source codes. This leads to a situation that if someone else wants to use the project he needs to construct these files manually, all he have from the DTR are the source code files. Is there a way to upload full project to the DTR as is, so when someone wants to use it later on it will simply need to download the relevant folder and the project is constructed?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

if it's a Development Component the .dcdef file should be added to DTR and the .classpath and .project files will be recreated from that.

bin and gen_* folders (including gen itself) should never be added to the repository, they only contain files that are generated from the sources.

Regards,

Marc

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

.classpath , .dcdef and .project should not checked in to DTR. Whenever we create project from DTr to local m/c it will generate .classpath , .dcdef and .project to local system according to our source code.

This files contains all references of project(added jar files) with corresponding location.

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

I tried that. If I don't check-in the .classpath it doesn't build it automatically, I need to do it again myself.

If I don't check-in the .project file it doesn't recognize which type of project (Java, Dynpro ect) needs to be reconstructed.

Again, I am developing local Dynpro projects and not DC's, so perhaps it is different over there...