cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM: How To monitor Background jobs which run every 2 hours

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

I am setting up the BPM for background job in a system. But i am facing the problems:

1. how to monitor a job which run daily & every 2 hours? I can't use monitor "by time" & specific the time, it has no preceding job nor event id.

2. How to monitor a job which run only monthly basis on ceitain date e.g payroll date on HR system. the date is "dynamic" & change on system. I can't also to specify the 'by time' & check it everyday, it will give me false alert everyday by stated "can't find the job"

please advise.

thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello,

the second link provided by Nibu Antony (Best Practice for Job Monitoring) is definitely something that you should study. Regarding your questions in detail:

1) You can realize this monitoring requirement in (at least) two different ways. One would be "by time" if you know a rough time when the job should run. The Planned Start Time is not necessarily the exact Start Time. The Planned Start Time is used as reference point for further calculations. As you can specify a job frequency during the monitoring setup this covers re-occurring jobs. E.g. your job runs at 4:05, 6:05, 8:05, 10:05 you could say planned start time is 4:00 and the job frequency would be 120 minutes (every 2 hours). The other option woul dbe to use start procedure "use job start condition" which picks up every job fitting selction criteria.

2) You can use "Monthly schedule" instead of "Weekly schedule" in order to monitor monthly jobs. You can then also refer to Factory calendar.

More Details can be found in the Best Practice document.

Best Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Volker,

thanks for your reply.

- I've use the "use job start condition" but it didn't trigger any alert until now. this way not allow us to specify the start time? how system will check if the job is delay?

- I use the "by time" & set the period to 120minutes, but it only trigger the 1st alert, there isn't any alert on the next 2 hours & so on

please help.

thank you

0 Kudos

Hello,

if you use "job start condition" and specify a Start Delay then only the technical delay is considered, i.e. the same value that you see under column Delay in SM37. A business delay is not possible. for this you have to use "Start by time" with a planned start time.

If no alerts or only too few are triggered that sounds strange. Did you ensure that a recent Support Package of plug-in ST-PI is installed on your backend system? You can download current support pakcages under http://service.sap.com/supporttools.

If the problem persists then you should open an OSS ticket on component SV-SMG-MON-BPM so that some service consultant can investigate the issue directly on your system.

Best Regards

Volker

Nibu
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Check /people/johannes.fleig/blog/2010/01/12/new-business-process-monitoring-functionalities-in-sap-solution-manager--customer-exit

and http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/97d2e8b3-0b01-0010-b787-b8ce558a5... .

Regards,

Nibu Antony